Thank you very much to Viscount and to Simon about the Prawn Paste. Well, we do not have a China town here in Miami unfortunately. But maybe some day I will go on a trip to visit one, like San Francisco.

I got into this Club because I was invited by:

"Gan Cheong Weei" <gancw@pacific.net.sg>

At migration time, almost ALL of the Monarchs go in huge numbers to Pacific Grove, California, or to a special place in the Mountains in Mexico (during our Northern Hemisphere Winter which is November, December, January etc.). I have never visited either place, but I have read about them and I have some Postcard Pictures of the Monarchs resting there. The pictures show the Monarchs in the thousands, like a big beautiful carpet hanging from a tree.

In our summer-time, the Monarchs return to the far Northern USA and Canada. Actually, it is their off-spring who do the returning to the north. The Butterflies do not live long enough to make the full round trip. I read a lot Butterfly Books and also a lot on the Internet. That is why I keep giving you members so many URL's about Butterflies.

Here in Miami, I have only seen an occasional Monarch, but I suppose there are quite a few more somewhere in Florida-- not exactly in my area.

I have visited some Butterfly Farms; one was in France and one was in Palawan, Philippines. When I went to Palawan, I stayed a whole week and the Birdwings were flying all over everywhere right out in the open. That was one of the best weeks in my whole life. I hope to go on a week vacation to Costa Rica soon, maybe in September. They have a big Butterfly Farm there in the Alajuela area.

I collect Butterfly Postcards and Butterfly Stamps. I also collect the real Butterflies, but only in my dreams. The ones that I actually do have are dead and in frames hanging on the walls in my house, but I did not catch them myself.

Sister Sophie
Miami, Florida, USA