PDA

View Full Version : New postcards for the Butterfly Lodge @ Oh' Farms

Great Mormon
08-Jun-2010, 01:23 AM
Hi all,

The Butterfly Lodge @ Oh' Farms is turning 2 years old this August.

The owners, Ai Ling and Yeok Keong wants to have a new set of post cards to feature the butterflies as well as caterpillars that can be found in the Butterfly Lodge. These post cards will be sold to schools and visitors, for educational purpose and spreading the message of conservation.

I will be helping out to collect photos and to design the new set of post cards. There have been an increase BC members recently, and whom are avid butt chasers; not to mention, plenty of good shots worth considering too! It would be great to have shots to feature the different butterflies from as many different members as possible.

Without further ado, here are the photographs which Ai Ling wants for the post cards:

The proposed 2nd set of 8 postcards (not definite yet, welcome any suggestions) are:
1.Life Cycle of LL – Egg, Larva, Pupa and adult (4 pictures on one card)
2.Life Cycle of TC – Egg, Larva, Pupa and adult on one card
3.Lime Butterfly – Mating pair
4.Plain Nawab’s caterpillar on its host plant (Main) + Adult (inset) - why this ? Ai Ling loves the "dragon-head" cat so much.
5.Common Birdwing’s caterpillar on its host plant (Main) + Adult (inset)
6.Common Birdwing laying egg (or any Tiger species laying egg)
7.Male/Female or Mating Pair of Comomon Tiger
8.Common Mime and its pupa (inset)

The file requirements are to be announced (in a couple of days time). All members are welcome to submit shots which they think is worthy to be showcase .

Silverstreak
09-Jun-2010, 12:22 AM
Just in case you missed this!!!

Great Mormon
09-Jun-2010, 12:24 AM
Perhaps if anyone could send me via e-mail a resized jpeg version of the photos would be a good way to start. Once it is finalized, I can then request the high-res version from you, if the photo is selected.

Once again, the photo request is open to all members of BC. :) :cheers:

Archduke
09-Jun-2010, 06:07 PM
Ant, sorry for not being available last week, got a major submission.
i do have an archive of photos in PC in singapore. feel free to grab any of the shots to support the oh's farm's butt enclosure.

Great Mormon
09-Jun-2010, 08:59 PM
Ant, sorry for not being available last week, got a major submission.
i do have an archive of photos in PC in singapore. feel free to grab any of the shots to support the oh's farm's butt enclosure.

Been there, done that :P