PDA

View Full Version : Project Hostplant

Great Mormon
16-May-2010, 10:00 PM
Hello all,

I'm going to need some help from you guys to help collect photos of hostplants for the checklist. I've normalized some of the tables in our checklist which makes linking to butterfly -> hostplant and hostplant -> butterfly.

I need photos of the entire plant, close up of a leaf/frond, flowers, stems, etc.

The more the merrier of course. Anyone willing to help?

Peacock Royal
16-May-2010, 10:09 PM
Ant, I am keen to know more about host plants.
Will help to take photos on host plants - must remember to bring my point-and-shoot cam for outings from now.

Branded Imperial
16-May-2010, 10:15 PM
I'll help!:grin2:

horace2264
16-May-2010, 10:51 PM
Good idea to add a host plant section. :thumbsup:
I will upload what I have for sure once the section is in place. :)

Great Mormon
16-May-2010, 11:27 PM
Hi Horace, as for the hostplant section, I have yet to expand it, I'm planning to allow it to have more details. I'll let you know once I've gotten the interface done.

horace2264
16-May-2010, 11:37 PM
Hi Horace, as for the hostplant section, I have yet to expand it, I'm planning to allow it to have more details. I'll let you know once I've gotten the interface done.
Okie, many thanks for doing the expansion work. :)

Banded Yeoman
17-May-2010, 09:38 PM
i'll help if I can.:)

Cruiser
17-May-2010, 11:37 PM
Let me know if pics of any particular plant is needed and will try to get it for the checklist.

Great Mormon
18-May-2010, 12:33 AM
Currently, my main issue is getting photos for the forest species, such as Combretum sundaicum, or various species that cannot be found in nurseries.

I am no expert of hostplants, but I do hope whilst doing up a more comprehensive checklist on hostplants, I can learn more about these plants in the process.

You may send the hostplants to my email address @ anthony@butterflycircle.com

Common Mime
18-May-2010, 09:23 AM
I prefer to see the photos being posted online than email. Transparent, avoid duplication, avoid errors/mistakes.

That's why we need the forums, else we can email each other privately.

Glorious Begum
18-May-2010, 11:03 AM
Do let me know if you need any photos from here. :cheers:

Silverstreak
18-May-2010, 04:05 PM
Anthony ,

Thanks for the initiative!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Will add on with what I have when you have done the frame work for the checklist.

:cheers:

Great Mormon
18-May-2010, 05:48 PM
With regards to the hostplant photos. You may post them here as well :)

I will start consolidating the photos.

teotp
08-Jun-2010, 01:14 AM
Hi Anthony,
Do you know there is a book entitled "Hostplants of the Moth and Butterfly caterpillars of the Oriental Region". May be this book will help you with the hostplant checklist.

Teo T P

Great Mormon
08-Jun-2010, 01:25 AM
Hi Anthony,
Do you know there is a book entitled "Hostplants of the Moth and Butterfly caterpillars of the Oriental Region". May be this book will help you with the hostplant checklist.

Teo T P

Yupp, I do have that book (on loan from SBG), it is sitting on Liyana's table at the moment. Do you have any other recommendations on books regarding hostplants?

teotp
08-Jun-2010, 10:33 PM
How about "The Life Histories of Asian Butterflies" - 2 Volumes?

Teo T P

Great Mormon
08-Jun-2010, 11:19 PM
I'll check with Liyana if she can get her hands on that book. I would like to have a copy of that too, but it is way out of my budget at the moment. Thanks!

atronox
09-Jun-2010, 02:43 AM
I'll check with Liyana if she can get her hands on that book. I would like to have a copy of that too, but it is way out of my budget at the moment. Thanks!
NLB has both volumes.:)

teotp
09-Jun-2010, 04:58 PM
Both volumes in NUS Sci Library Reference Section too.
May I know who is Liyana?

Teo T P

Branded Imperial
09-Jun-2010, 08:19 PM
Both volumes in NUS Sci Library Reference Section too.
May I know who is Liyana?

Teo T P

Hi, I am Liyana :)
I am Anthony's boss :bsmile:
hahaha...

teotp
10-Jun-2010, 08:17 PM
"Got eyes don't known Tarzan". You are my senior.
Nice to meet you!

Teo T P

teotp
10-Jun-2010, 08:31 PM
Hi Anthony,

You should get a copy of "Hostplants of the Moth & Butterfly Caterpillars of the Oriental Region". Is only RM120++. Will be convenience for your Hostplant Project.

Teo T P

Archduke
10-Jun-2010, 11:27 PM
Hi, I am Liyana :)
I am Anthony's boss :bsmile:
hahaha...

:bsmile: