PDA

View Full Version : Butts of Surat Thani Mainland

Painted Jezebel
09-Mar-2010, 01:19 PM
Spent a day on the mainland yesterday, not travelling far. It gives me an idea of species which could yet be found on Samui.

1) Pathysa agetes iponus (male) - Fourbar Swordtail. Missing a tail unfortunately
2) Papilio mahadeva selangorensis (male) - Burmese Raven. This has been found once on Samui, 3 years ago, but this is the first shot of this species. It is very skittish, and never stops flapping its wings.:sweat:
3) Appias nero figulina (male) - Orange Albatross. I showed this from Nakhon Si Thammarat recently, however, this specimen is much redder, the upperside (not shown), in particular. I have little experience with this species, is this colour normal. I reshow the Nakhon specimen for comparison.

Commander
09-Mar-2010, 01:28 PM
Nice! Some rare ones that I've not seen in awhile! :cheers:

Painted Jezebel
09-Mar-2010, 01:43 PM
Thanks, SK. There should have been quite a few more, but one of the waterfalls I visited was infested with ........SCHOOLCHILDREN!!!:mad2: They insisted in following me around and accidentally disturbing the butts. You should have also seen Sithon nedymond (not sure of ssp.), a Yasoda sp., a Lethe sp., Paranticopsis megarus megapenthes and Paranticopsis macareus perakensis, together with several other Lycaenids which I was not allowed to get close enough to ID.

Commander
09-Mar-2010, 03:00 PM
:bsmile: School kids eh? That would have been a major irritation to your butt-shooting activities. Fortunately, you didn't swat them like flies... :grin2:

Painted Jezebel
09-Mar-2010, 06:27 PM
:Fortunately, you didn't swat them like flies... :grin2:

Surely you mean 'Unfortunately'. Teachers were around otherwise:shoot1: :hammer: :aan: , but then perhaps not, otherwise:police: :grin2: