View Full Version : Tajuria dominus dominus

Silverstreak
25-Feb-2010, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by atronox
Hi, Mr Khew, i was looking at the checklist photo for Tajuria dominus dominus and after checking with C&P4, it seems closer to Tajuria isaeus verna.
I know it has not been recorded from sg before but according to C&P4, in isaeus, the "underside hindwing tornal spot in space 2 much larger than that in space 1a", whereas in dominus, they are "about equal".
The most reliable method is by looking at the upperside, which is not shown in any of the shots, so the chance of the shot in our checklist is quite likely isaeus from the underside.

To kick start the disccussion perhaps Aaron can lead us with these pictures.

Until proven beyond doubt or a voucher specimen to prove otherwise, it shall remain as T. dominus dominus

This is purely for airing what one can decipher from C&P4 , the shot(s) and plate from Yusuke Takanami & Yasuo Seki.

:cheers:

Commander
25-Feb-2010, 11:01 PM
Thanks, Sunny.

Still looks like dominus to me. :thinking:

Silverstreak
25-Feb-2010, 11:20 PM
The patch as arrowed does not fit too well into the scheme of things of the tornal areas of T. dominus and T. isaeus

atronox
26-Feb-2010, 01:59 AM
Now it seems less like an isaeus.
I feel the both these specimens and those in C&P4 show that isaeus has "clearer" and longer fascia running down the margin of the wings than dominus.
Also, the slight dislocation of the bands in isaeus is more pronounced.
Are the Philippine sspp the same as sg's?