PDA

View Full Version : Palm King on lift landing

benetay
01-Nov-2009, 02:04 AM
I'm not sure why it was there, was mugging for exams and here it is, free opportunity to shoot just outside the door. It was on the lift landing signboard so the reflective metal located in between the lifts serve as a reflection. :bsmile: So took out the chair and gears to shoot handheld.

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp47/bendanbutt2/Palmking3.jpg
5DII @ 180mm
ISO 2500 1/50s f/5.6 EV -3 FEC -3

Decided to do a free reflection using the metal board.
http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp47/bendanbutt2/palmking.jpg
5DII @ 180mm
ISO 2500 1/40s f/5.6 EV -3 FEC -3

Thanks for viewing.

Cheers!

Great Mormon
01-Nov-2009, 02:39 AM
woo, great shot! love the reflections!

Wanderer
01-Nov-2009, 10:25 AM
wa. like that also can. butt fairy still likes u :cheers: :bsmile:

The Plane
01-Nov-2009, 11:01 AM
Nice shot ! Even the butts want to help you relax a bit during your exam period...:)

Bluebottle
01-Nov-2009, 11:09 AM
Interesting shot.
Most of us need to chase butts in the jungle, and for you, you just need to wait in the lift :bsmile:

I am sure this brief excitement of shooting will give you the break you deserved while preparing for the exam.

benetay
02-Nov-2009, 12:38 AM
wa. like that also can. butt fairy still likes u :cheers: :bsmile:

Thanks! glad you like it. :bsmile: Guess i was lucky, saw it last night again resting and sheltering from the storm.

woo, great shot! love the reflections!

It's a little 'artificial' since it's resting on a man made object, however i'm pretty please with the reflection too. ISO quite usable.

Nice shot ! Even the butts want to help you relax a bit during your exam period...:)

I guess so! I couldn't ask for more. The last time i saw a palm king was quite sometime back. Thanks!! Glad you enjoyed viewing. :thumbsup:

Interesting shot.
Most of us need to chase butts in the jungle, and for you, you just need to wait in the lift :bsmile:

I am sure this brief excitement of shooting will give you the break you deserved while preparing for the exam.

Guess i was lucky, GF spotted it first and we went for lunch, came back study for another 2 hours before remembering that there is a butt outside, so all gears on and fire away. Shot at least 70 shots. Kind of ashame lol.

It' gave me a lil' break from the mandate task i was going through. Thanks glad you like it too.

Cheers!

Peacock Royal
02-Nov-2009, 12:40 AM
Wow, what a lucky and good capture.
I remember in 2004, I shot my first Palm King at my HDB block's void deck.

atronox
02-Nov-2009, 01:51 AM
Wow, very unusual sight indeed.
Was it near some wooded area?
The last time i saw a palm king in an urban area, it was near some vegetation.

Leopard Lacewing
02-Nov-2009, 09:24 AM
Nice shot, Bene! I've seen a dead Palm King inside the lift last year... They perfer to take lift up to higher floor :bsmile:

Cheers!

Commander
02-Nov-2009, 09:54 AM
Some of these species like the Palm King, Common Evening Brown and some skippers are attracted to the lights in buildings. Somehow, the Palm King is more often seen than the rest.

Back in Malaysia, I get them coming into my house once in a while too. But it's a trap for them, and they usually end up in the tummies of the resident chichak... :sweat:

benetay
09-Nov-2009, 10:19 PM
Wow, very unusual sight indeed.
Was it near some wooded area?
The last time i saw a palm king in an urban area, it was near some vegetation.

I don't think it's near some woody area although i think the recent rain might have drive some butts to dryer places.

Nice shot, Bene! I've seen a dead Palm King inside the lift last year... They perfer to take lift up to higher floor :bsmile:

Cheers!

Thanks! Palm king certainly knows it's way around HDB.

Some of these species like the Palm King, Common Evening Brown and some skippers are attracted to the lights in buildings. Somehow, the Palm King is more often seen than the rest.

Back in Malaysia, I get them coming into my house once in a while too. But it's a trap for them, and they usually end up in the tummies of the resident chichak... :sweat:

Thanks for the insights, i think it's rather common for Palm King to reside in HDB then. :thumbsup: Still hoping for a Common evening brown to come :bsmile: better be a pristine one too. :bsmile:

Cheers!

Banded Yeoman
31-Jan-2010, 06:28 PM
The long branded bush brown visits my place very often.:bsmile: