PDA

View Full Version : Two Butts from DFNP

horace2264
11-Sep-2009, 10:56 PM
The wet weather these days probably has helped to reduce the number of postings in this forum. :-(

Sharing two more interesting butts found in the newly opened Dairy Farm Nature Park. The Yellow Flash was in a very worn condition, and the Purple Bush Brown was found in the undergrowth and the shot taken in very poorly lit condition.

Banded Yeoman
25-Oct-2009, 07:41 PM
Whoa Horace. The Images are really good.:grin2:

Glorious Begum
25-Oct-2009, 09:31 PM
The Yellow flash is quite sensitive to flash, I have not really get a decent shot of it yet. :sweat:

horace2264
25-Oct-2009, 11:58 PM
Whoa Horace. The Images are really good.:grin2:
Thanks, Jonathan. :)
Actually to me these are just record shots and only posted here as sighting records for that location. The really good shots are typically posted in the "Butterfly Photography" sub-forum.

The Yellow flash is quite sensitive to flash, I have not really get a decent shot of it yet. :sweat:
Agreed. :)
Most of the time, the Yellow Flash was too skittish and would not give me the chance to fire a shot. Given the opportunity, I would first take a few shots without flash before attempting a closer approach and with flash firing off.

Great Mormon
26-Oct-2009, 12:02 AM
ah, dont know how i missed this thread. Nice shots, esp the elusive Yellow Flash.

Silverstreak
26-Oct-2009, 01:05 AM
Horace ,

Great ! You have these two nailed.

Four years on the tracks and I only encountered these two less than 3 times each .....:grin2:

The Yellow Flash would flash off in no times with the flash , while the Purple Bush Brown would only be around places that needs ISO 3200.:bsmile:

:cheers:

horace2264
26-Oct-2009, 10:11 AM
ah, dont know how i missed this thread. Nice shots, esp the elusive Yellow Flash.
Thanks, Anthony. :)

Horace ,

Great ! You have these two nailed.

Four years on the tracks and I only encountered these two less than 3 times each .....:grin2:

The Yellow Flash would flash off in no times with the flash , while the Purple Bush Brown would only be around places that needs ISO 3200.

This sighting of both species is also my 3rd or 4th encounter of them in CCA. I am still hoping to breed both of them sometimes in the future. :)

Banded Yeoman
21-Jan-2010, 07:13 PM
I've seen alot of butterflies at the DFNP, and I think if I go there enough, I'll find the DBJG waiting for me at the ratttan patch, anyway, which type of rattan do they like?

cheers:read:
Jonathan