PDA

View Full Version : Encyclopaedia of Insects

Commander
02-Sep-2009, 11:18 AM
This is a recently launched books for those of you who have a greater interest in insects. Quite a comprehensive book costing US$120. :sweat:

ENCYCLOPEDIA OF INSECTS
second edition
Vincent H. Resh and Ring T. Cardé, editors

2009, 1,132 pages, 1,000 color photographs, figures and tables. This award-winning reference has been acclaimed as the most comprehensive work devoted to insects. It provides an outstanding, useful, and up-to-date resource for professionals and students, covering all aspects of insect anatomy, physiology, evolution, behavior, reproduction, ecology, and disease, as well as issues of exploitation, conservation and management.

The second edition contains 66% new and revised content. It features new chapters on Bedbugs, Ekbom Syndrome, Human History, Genomics, and Vinegaroons. Expanded sections include forensic entomology, biotechnology, Drosphila, insect-human interactions, and ecology, reflecting the full update of over 300 topics. Articles have been contributed by over 260 high profile and internationally recognized entomologists providing definitive facts regarding all insects from ants to zygentoma. The encyclopedia contains a full glossary, 1,700 cross-references, 3,000 bibliographic entries, and online access to save research time.

Hardcover; 9 x 11-1/4”; weight is 7.5 lbs.

Painted Jezebel
03-Sep-2009, 10:54 AM
I ordered this book a couple of days ago. I got it from Pemberley Books (http://www.pemberleybooks.com), my old friends, who I have used on many occasions. They have the book at £60.99, which, even with postage costs, at current rates of exchange is, I think, cheaper than $120. BioQuip also have it at a special, September only, discounted rate of $108.

Take care though, Pemberley also have the old Out of Print 1st edition for sale.

Hopefully, it will stop me posting threads such as 'What the xxxx is this'!!!!:grin2:

atronox
06-Sep-2009, 01:34 AM
Wow, this book looks very tempting, it even has Hawaii's "happy face spiders".:grin2: