PDA

View Full Version : Halpe aurifera?

Painted Jezebel
08-Jun-2009, 09:38 AM
This is what I think, is Halpe aurifera. I originally thought that it was a sullied H. porus, which is quite comon here. However, on examination back home, I noticed that the usual subapical hyaline spots on the forewing are absent, a feature only to be found with H. aurifera.

If I am correct, another +1 for Samui, but I am more than happy to have an alternative ID suggested, or objections to my ID.

Incidentally, yesterday was a very good day for Lycaenidae. Apart from the usual Arhopala species, centaurus, alitaeus, lurida, democritus, silhetensis, fulla, abseus, I also saw a tiny new one that I can not identify. Wingspan of about 26mm. It may be just a dwarf specimen of A. selta, but I can not be sure. Also seen were the Witch, Araotes lapithis uruwela and, most excitingly, another specimen of The Emerald, Cyaniriodes libna andersonii, though I was, yet again, unable to get a photo of it. It seems to behave much like the Riodinidae, constantly flitting from one spot to another, never staying in one place for any length of time, but I will keep trying to show you a photo of this very rare little beauty.

Halpe aurifera?