PDA

View Full Version : Female Lesser Harlequin

horace2264
27-May-2009, 09:36 AM
About one month ago, I encountered one male Lesser Harlequin in MNT, and was wondering about getting a record shot of the female specimen.

I had my wish fulfilled yesterday with one sighted at the other end of MNT (pic 1). Pic 2 shows a glimpse of the upperside as supporting evidence. :)

Painted Jezebel
27-May-2009, 09:43 AM
Congratulations on your record shot, Horace. I love the upperside shot. So clear!:thumbsup:

Silverstreak
27-May-2009, 11:19 AM
Congrates Horace !

Most of my encounters were mainly males, female is rather elusive ....the host must be close by.:)

:cheers:

Commander
27-May-2009, 02:45 PM
Good upperside shot record!

Ha... I won't be surprised if Horace is already breeding the butt from egg. :grin2:

atronox
27-May-2009, 04:49 PM
Great record shot.:grin2:

horace2264
27-May-2009, 04:53 PM
Thanks, Les, Sunny, Khew and Aaron for your kind words. :)

I wished so, but I have had no luck so far with Lesser Harlequin in terms of finding its eggs and breeding its early stages.:-( :cry: Currently, I was keeping my fingers crossed tightly for two UFO blue species to reach adulthood, and that is stressful enough for me. :sweat:

blurboiboi
31-May-2009, 01:56 AM
About one month ago, I encountered one male Lesser Harlequin in MNT, and was wondering about getting a record shot of the female specimen.

I had my wish fulfilled yesterday with one sighted at the other end of MNT (pic 1). Pic 2 shows a glimpse of the upperside as supporting evidence. :)

those are fantastic shots!..

blurboiboi
15-Jun-2009, 11:15 PM
wats MNT anyway??

atronox
16-Jun-2009, 02:39 AM
wats MNT anyway??
MacRitchie Nature Trail;)

horace2264
16-Jun-2009, 10:01 AM
Terry, the various acronyms commonly used in BC Forum are detailed in this thread (http://www.butterflycircle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60).

blurboiboi
16-Jun-2009, 10:55 PM
Terry, the various acronyms commonly used in BC Forum are detailed in this thread (http://www.butterflycircle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60).

thanks... i knew there's this thread... but cannot seem to find them...
btw any specific locations you found them??... if there is and okie to reveal... can pm me??... thanks!!

horace2264
16-Jun-2009, 11:19 PM
thanks... i knew there's this thread... but cannot seem to find them...
btw any specific locations you found them??... if there is and okie to reveal... can pm me??... thanks!!
No specific location where sightings can be guaranteed. This one was shot along MNT adjacent to the first (with respect to the end near the canoe site) set of wooden stairs linking the trail and the boardwalk.