PDA

View Full Version : WWW 7 March 09

Peacock Royal
08-Mar-2009, 08:47 PM
Thanks Khew for giving a ride on a cool Saturday morning to this place somewhere in the Western part of the island (Sunny called WWW Sector 93). Sharing some species that I shot. A good hunting ground for butterfly species.
1. Athyma nefte subrata (Colour Sergeant)
2. Pandita sinope sinope
3. Elymnias panthera panthera (Tawny Palmfly)
4. Flos fulgida singhapura
5. Flos apidanus saturatus
6. Iraota rochana boswelliana (Scarce Silverstreak)

Archduke
08-Mar-2009, 09:00 PM
nice shots uncle fed! pity we're so short, if not we'd be getting very upperwing shots.
when are u going back to nail the P. sinope sinope once and for all?

butterfly_effect
08-Mar-2009, 09:11 PM
We bring ladder or walk on stilts next time :) Nice capture of the tawny palmfly Uncle Fed! Aiya.... why I cannot get...second time see but no pic... *sulk*

Peacock Royal
08-Mar-2009, 09:26 PM
Almost forget. Ellen, must thank you for pulling down the branches for this P. sinope shot - my best shot. All other shots have been deleted.
Must improvise a high stool or ladder in the field next time.

Wanderer
08-Mar-2009, 09:42 PM
how about lifting camera on monopod and remote shutter?

have not been shooting butts...now that the extremely busy term 1 is over hopefully i can join you guys for some of the shoots! :gbounce:

Archduke
08-Mar-2009, 09:55 PM
how about lifting camera on monopod and remote shutter?

have not been shooting butts...now that the extremely busy term 1 is over hopefully i can join you guys for some of the shoots! :gbounce:

lol..that sounds awfully good, but how are we gonna look through the lens to focus? even using the live preview pose a challenge as we cant compose and aim.

benetay
08-Mar-2009, 09:57 PM
Why is this posted in this section? Certainly amazing pictures!

Fed you are too modest! Very nice pictures and make me want to shoot.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!

Wanderer
08-Mar-2009, 10:03 PM
lol..that sounds awfully good, but how are we gonna look through the lens to focus? even using the live preview pose a challenge as we cant compose and aim.

may have to think of an improvise...sunny may have a solution. :bsmile:

atronox
09-Mar-2009, 01:12 AM
Nice shots!
Ur silverstreak looks like a male.:grin2: