PDA

View Full Version : First field trip of the year!

Painted Jezebel
22-Jan-2009, 10:17 AM
The weather on Samui has been terrible since New Year, c,loudy and very cold (24C), and so I had not had a full day outing until Tuesday! Fortunately, the weather now appears to be improving, but the butts are still noticeable by their absence. However, managed a few shots.

1-Herona marathus angustata (previously shown upperside)

2-Lamproptera curius curius (always a favourite here)

Some UFO for which I need help.
3) This is the largest Potanthus sp. I have seen. I have it tentatively as Potanthus serina (Large Dart), but as I have no experience of this species would welcome your comments on the poss. ID.

4) I think this is a female Jamides bochus nabonassar but the markings do not seem quite right. Also it was taken in an area where I have not come across the species before (deep forest, as opposed to forest edge where I normally find it).

5) A Nacaduba species but not sure which one.

Painted Jezebel
22-Jan-2009, 10:21 AM
Is it just me,or can no-one see my photos?

Commander
22-Jan-2009, 10:24 AM
Erm... I can see your photos fine. :thumbsup:

Painted Jezebel
22-Jan-2009, 10:32 AM
Thanks SK. Strange, but I do not seem able to see most of my own pics. Everyone elses are OK. Having this trouble with my Dragonfly photos as well!:hmmm:

Peacock Royal
22-Jan-2009, 11:20 AM
I can see the photos also.

benetay
22-Jan-2009, 11:37 AM
I can see them too! Interesting find! Hope you have more great weather & good butt days ahead.

Cheers!

Silverstreak
22-Jan-2009, 05:51 PM
Les,

Glad you are out of enforced hibernation!:bsmile:

Down south , this is one of the hottest and windiest December and January that I can ever remember.

:cheers:

Commander
22-Jan-2009, 07:01 PM
Ya man... very dry. The forested areas are all getting dried up! :sweat: Hasn't rained in weeks!

Glorious Begum
22-Jan-2009, 08:30 PM
I can't see it. :confused:

Sky Blue
22-Jan-2009, 10:36 PM
I can see using firefox, but not google crome :thinking:

Thanks for sharing :)

Painted Jezebel
23-Jan-2009, 08:44 AM
This is very confusing!:hmmm: This morning I logged on and could see ONE photo, the Potanthus sp. Why has this started to happen only in the last week?

Anyway, to ensure that everyone can see the photos, I have lumped them all at the bottom of the post. At least, I can now see them!:grin2: