PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Highlands (Pahang) Pt 4 - Skippers

Painted Jezebel
31-Aug-2008, 10:17 AM
These are the ones that 'I skip skippers' LC did not take!:bsmile:

This first one is causing me a huge amount of trouble. It is an Aeromachus species, and the only one recorded from Malaysia is Aeromachus jhora creta. However, the butt looks nothing like that pictured in C&P, far too dark! It is much closer to Aeromachus dubius impha. I have to keep it as the former, as it was a very common butt in the area, and I am sure someone would have noticed it before.

Can anyone help? PLEASE (I've tried to get as many different angles as poss to help)

cont...............

Painted Jezebel
31-Aug-2008, 10:23 AM
.......cont

I nice easy one to Id. Notocrypta feisthamelii alysos (Spotted Demon) - The underside silvery-white sheen is beautiful when seen live!

cont..........

Painted Jezebel
31-Aug-2008, 10:34 AM
........cont

Anf finally one that I was delighted to find on my last day, Polytremis eltola corbeti (The Yellow-Spot Swift). This means that I now have photos of both a 'Corbet' and a 'Pendlebury' (Nacaduba pendleburyi).

This species is confined to the mountains and is considered rare.

I am afraid that is all from my trip. I do have photos of a female Delias baracasa dives (Camerons), Ideopsis gaura (Tapah) and also Tagiades cohaerens cinda (Kampar), but they are too bad for even me to show! I saw many other species including three other Delias species, but was unable to get any photos of them, either too far away or flying too fast!

Sky Blue
02-Sep-2008, 11:09 PM
Thanks for sharing these interesting skippers that we don't have down here :)

Great Mormon
02-Sep-2008, 11:24 PM
:thinking: ... these guys look like the really common skippers here in SG. you must have a really sharp eye to spot that they are rare!