PDA

View Full Version : Puddling P. zebra

Cruiser
24-Sep-2004, 02:26 PM
Shot this Pendlebury zebra ejecting water out from its butt while in Selai, Endau Rompin. Do you know the reason behind why some butts ejecting water out of the body while puddling :thinking:

I think 5-bar or blue bottle can eject water further than this one?

Elbowed Pierrot
24-Sep-2004, 02:43 PM
think all butterflies do that as well, I saw the common hedge blue doing the same as well

The Monarch
24-Sep-2004, 02:59 PM
Maybe the water is just meant to go through their body as some sort of cooling method? :bsmile:

Striped Blue Crow
24-Sep-2004, 03:16 PM
Basically it is to get rid of all the unwanted water and retain the minerals.....

Commander
24-Sep-2004, 03:23 PM
Basically it is to get rid of all the unwanted water and retain the minerals.....

Wei... Simon (Chan), do you want me to delete your other account since you've remembered your password for this account now. And when can you get active again? We've got a your bionic-eye equivalent in your namesake here now. If the two of you are together, I think the group will be able to spot about 50% more butts than the whole group put together... ;P

Cycad Blue
24-Sep-2004, 04:19 PM
One butt did it on my hand once! ;P

Striped Blue Crow
24-Sep-2004, 06:27 PM
Wei... Simon (Chan), do you want me to delete your other account since you've remembered your password for this account now. And when can you get active again? We've got a your bionic-eye equivalent in your namesake here now. If the two of you are together, I think the group will be able to spot about 50% more butts than the whole group put together... ;P

Ok go ahead and delete the other one. Thanks. Still adjusting to life with baby and new house......
:what: