View Full Version : Photographs required

Painted Jezebel
30-Jul-2008, 11:38 AM
I am delighted to say that after almost 16 months, I now have a FTP program that works and I should be in a position to publish my website on Koh Samui's butts within a week.

I am asking for your help in providing me with photographs of species which I have found on Samui, but been unable to get decent photographs of.

There are specimens in my collection, but I only want to show live specimens on my website.

LIST 1 - Papilionidae, Pieridae, Danaidae, Satyridae & Nymphalidae

Papilio mahadeva selangoranus
Paranticopsis megarus megapenthes
Appias paulina distanti
Cepora nerissa daphna
Eurema ada iona
Elymnias casiphone saueri
Melanitis zitenius zitenius

Separate lists will appear shortly for the Lycaenidae and Hesperidae.

Any photographs provided will naturally remain under your copyright, and you will have full recognition on the site.

If you can help, please email the photos to me at lesday1@delias-butterflies.co.uk. THANK YOU

Painted Jezebel
30-Jul-2008, 11:46 AM
LIST 2 - Lycaenidae

Allotinus strigata malayanus
Miletus gaesa gaesa
Miletus croton croton
Rapala rhoecus rhoecus
Nacaduba pactolus continentalis
Pseudozizeeria maha maha
Arhopala aedias agnis
Arhopala ijanensis
Arhopala vihara hirava
Liphyra brassolis brassolis
Pratapa diva lila
Famegana alsulus

Painted Jezebel
30-Jul-2008, 11:53 AM
LIST 3 - Hesperidae

Stimula swinhoei swinhoei
Hyarotis iadera
Panara naso bada
Erionota torus torus
Caltoris plebeia
Caltoris brunnea caere
Isma bononia bononia
Notocrypta pia
Zographetus ogyioides
Matapa cresta
Hasora mavis
Potanthus juno juno

Thats the lot!

Great Mormon
30-Jul-2008, 01:14 PM
yo les, i have the malay tailed judy, Abisara savitri savitri.
how do i pass it to you?

Great Mormon
30-Jul-2008, 01:17 PM
http://www.deviantart.com/download/90055993/Malay_Tailed_Judy_2_280608_by_inckurei.jpg

just right click and save target as... that should do the trick :D

Elbowed Pierrot
30-Jul-2008, 01:40 PM
Les

go thru the checklist and find the photo you want then request the photo from the contributor

Painted Jezebel
30-Jul-2008, 03:06 PM
Simon, Thank you, I was being lazy! I have gone through the checklist and deleted from my lists those species for which there are photos held. I will be PMing the copyright owners later.

The lists now only show those species for which there are no photos held. I am hoping that some members may have photos of these species which have not been published!

Anthony, Thank you for the photo. I am assuming that I have your perrmission to use it on my website. Let me know only if that is incorrect.

Great Mormon
30-Jul-2008, 03:13 PM
Simon, Thank you, I was being lazy! I have gone through the checklist and deleted from my lists those species for which there are photos held. I will be PMing the copyright owners later.

The lists now only show those species for which there are no photos held. I am hoping that some members may have photos of these species which have not been published!

Anthony, Thank you for the photo. I am assuming that I have your perrmission to use it on my website. Let me know only if that is incorrect.

you are most welcomed Les, you can use the photo to your advantage, maybe you would want to remove the frame too :D

Leopard Lacewing
30-Jul-2008, 03:14 PM
Les, Sorry.... after searching my small database, I have none to contribute. :cry:

Cheers!

Great Mormon
30-Jul-2008, 03:23 PM
Les, Sorry.... after searching my small database, I have none to contribute. :cry:

Cheers!
haha he wants all the rare butts! :bsmile:

Painted Jezebel
30-Jul-2008, 05:33 PM
haha he wants all the rare butts! :bsmile:

Regrettably all too true! Most of these I've only ever see once or twice at most (two I've never seen, but I have reliable records from elswehere that they are here).

Sky Blue
30-Jul-2008, 10:06 PM
The lists now only show those species for which there are no photos held. I am hoping that some members may have photos of these species which have not been published!Simon suggest is a good one.

huh, you want the photos that not in the checklist... will be a bit hard but I think there's no better way also.

Yes, you may use any of my photo if needed :)

Painted Jezebel
30-Jul-2008, 10:17 PM
I have already done what Simon suggested, and contacted the photo owners. I already have some of your photos on file, SC, from last year, Thank you for confirming I may use them.

As these are nearly all rarely seen species, I am not particularly hopeful, but if one doesn't ask.......... LC has already provided me with one on the list, so it has worked!

Silverstreak
31-Jul-2008, 12:47 PM
Les ,

You are most welcome to use any photos that I have posted in the forum for your web.

I will go thru your list , you might not seen them in the chesklist as I had withdraw my shots on the present sgbugs checklist.

:cheers:

Painted Jezebel
02-Aug-2008, 07:32 PM
Thank you , everyone who has been able to contribute photos. The new web pages are ready, but I have discovered that I have two major problems.

Firstly, those of you who use FireFox can not see all the original pages correctly. Secondly, having completely redone my original pages to make it easier for me to update in future, all the links between the the various pages were lost. This means that I having to redo about 12,000 links, and expand the page size for Firefox (this is NOT small site). I am doing about 1,000 links a day, but it is taking time, and I am going square-eyed constantly looking at the computer! Please be patient!

Sorry, I had hoped to have this up and running by now!

Great Mormon
02-Aug-2008, 08:02 PM
Thank you , everyone who has been able to contribute photos. The new web pages are ready, but I have discovered that I have two major problems.

Firstly, those of you who use FireFox can not see all the original pages correctly. Secondly, having completely redone my original pages to make it easier for me to update in future, all the links between the the various pages were lost. This means that I having to redo about 12,000 links, and expand the page size for Firefox (this is NOT small site). I am doing about 1,000 links a day, but it is taking time, and I am going square-eyed constantly looking at the computer! Please be patient!

Sorry, I had hoped to have this up and running by now!

Mmmmm sounds tough lol =X did you create the website using html only?
maybe adding some scripts can help alot :D

Painted Jezebel
02-Aug-2008, 08:17 PM
Anthony, please note that a computer is something I switch on, use, and then turn off. I really do not understand what you are saying. What is HTML and what do you mean by script. I created my website in 2001 using FrontPage ( English version), but at that time, my screen was 800x600, I think, in size. I knew, and still do not know, nor do I want to know, nothing about different screen sizes or different browsers. Things are just so complicated these days.

As far as I am concerned, I create a web page, and it should be visible in the way I created it, whatever anyone uses. If that is not the case, why not!

Great Mormon
02-Aug-2008, 09:20 PM
Anthony, please note that a computer is something I switch on, use, and then turn off. I really do not understand what you are saying. What is HTML and what do you mean by script. I created my website in 2001 using FrontPage ( English version), but at that time, my screen was 800x600, I think, in size. I knew, and still do not know, nor do I want to know, nothing about different screen sizes or different browsers. Things are just so complicated these days.

As far as I am concerned, I create a web page, and it should be visible in the way I created it, whatever anyone uses. If that is not the case, why not!

Mmmm... you might need to outsource a little bit :D
there is a slight difference in the way that firefox and internet explorer handle web pages.

Painted Jezebel
02-Aug-2008, 09:29 PM
What do you mean by Outsource:

Great Mormon
02-Aug-2008, 10:19 PM
What do you mean by Outsource:
2001 front page is ancient!
the tool for webdesign is adobe dreamweaver.

And maybe you might want to download templates that are firefox/internet explorer friendly.

some templates are free and easy to use!

there are even some CMS systems out there that are opensource/free.
Ex. Joomla and wordpress(both using the lastest php5 technology)

Silverstreak
02-Aug-2008, 10:33 PM
Les,

I think sending Anthony to KS is easier than asking Old foggies :old:like us learning programming language.:bsmile:

Painted Jezebel
03-Aug-2008, 09:06 AM
Les,

I think sending Anthony to KS is easier than asking Old foggies :old:like us learning programming language.:bsmile:

I fully agree. 2001 is ancient!!! That is very modern for me! I had been hoping to tempt Anthony up to KS with photos of P. palinurus etc., but the recent shots from Kampur seem to make KS redundant! I must find something really exciting.:bsmile:

All this computer stuff leaves me completely bewildered, but, at least I can say Celaenorrhinus aurivitatus cameroni without thinking!:blah: :bsmile:

Painted Jezebel
03-Aug-2008, 09:11 AM
2001 front page is ancient!

Probably true, but it wasn't in 2001, when I set up my web site! Anyway I have 2007 now, though it seems strange to me!

Archduke
08-Aug-2008, 10:29 AM
dont forget to bring me along if ant is going!

Elbowed Pierrot
08-Aug-2008, 11:40 AM
don't need to fly anyone over, get ant to do the webpage then upload to your webserver :)

Great Mormon
08-Aug-2008, 02:07 PM
don't need to fly anyone over, get ant to do the webpage then upload to your webserver :)

ya loh... and its free! hahaha