PDA

View Full Version : Euploea klugii erichsonii

Painted Jezebel
14-May-2008, 09:11 AM
This species had been on my list for a year, but as I had neither photo nor specimen, I was beginning to doubt myself.

Fortunately, this male turned up at my garden yesterday. I now have the full set of King Crows!

Euploea klugii erichsonii ( Brown King Crow)

I also include Blue and Peacock Pansy shots,(also from the garden yesterday) for the sole reason that they have come out better than my usual shots.;-)

Peacock Royal
14-May-2008, 09:48 AM
Wow, love your first shot very much.:cheers:
Your shots getting better and better.

Commander
14-May-2008, 09:58 AM
Ya... a good shot of a very pristine specimen.

Les' photography must have been positively influenced by the gang who were up at Samui recently. LC Goh or Bobby must've taught him a trick or two. :grin2:

Leopard Lacewing
14-May-2008, 10:22 AM
Agree with Fed and Khew. Nice shots and they are nicely taken. :thumbsup:

I love your garden, should put a chair there and shoot the butts while sitting down.

No lah... we learnt from Les instead. :bsmile:

Cheers!

Commander
14-May-2008, 10:44 AM
No lah... we learnt from Les instead. :bsmile:

Learnt what? How to drink a six pack beer and still shoot butts without using a tripod? :grin2:

Painted Jezebel
14-May-2008, 10:52 AM
Thank you, all. Yes I did learn an awful lot during the recent visit, and Matthew has since helped to explain features of the camera in laymans terms (the book acompanying the camera is double-dutch to me!). I still make basic mistakes (see the CM thread of today), but there are more presentable photos coming out than before.

First thing in the morning, the chair needs to be situated on the road by the Lantana hedge. In 5 minutes this morning at c 7:30, I spotted 10 different species of Danaids feeding there (no Tigers, they are late risers:lazy2: )!

Glorious Begum
14-May-2008, 10:09 PM
Wow, very nice shots and sharp too. :cheers:

Haha.. Bobby, guess that was your first time in that KS restaurant, after beers shooting / chasing butt. :bsmile: