PDA

View Full Version : Butterflies Location

Silverstreak
26-Mar-2008, 01:06 AM
May I request all not to post locations of where you shot your butterflies especially those that had gotten information from me or I brought you there .

It is a waste of my time telling you in private and you go and announced to the whole world where you nailed your beauties both here and at Clubsnap.

Those who cannot refrain from boasting where they shot it , please strike yourself off my list.

Let me repost this again and the rationale behind :

17-Sep-2007, 11:45 AM

Location of Butterfly

In an ideal world, locations of butterflies should be shared unselfishly in the open forum.

Unfortunately we are not in an ideal world , we have experienced a few instances of within days of information posted here of new finds, these location were "raided" by lurkers and people(some even armed with nets) that we do not even know . Since then, I have stopped posting the location where I have taken the shots.

It is all for the "selfish" reason of protecting these butterflies from the "lurkers"who contributed nothing to this forum , but take freely from our generosity in sharing and in the process threaten these butterflies.

However , we shall continue to share with active members here whom we perceive to have a genuine interest in the appreciation and conservation of these beauties, the location will only be disseminated thru private messages and email.

Please forgive me if I do not respond to your queries of specifically where I shot a species in the open forum.

Elbowed Pierrot
26-Mar-2008, 01:24 AM
you have my fully support

m00nman26
26-Mar-2008, 08:12 AM
And mine too!
fully agree that locations should never be fully revealed lest swarms of ppl goes in and destroys the habitat..

Archduke
26-Mar-2008, 08:20 AM
true. dont worry i think most of us here have kept it under wraps. its unfortunate that this have to happen but its the best for the butts

Common Mime
26-Mar-2008, 09:05 AM
However , we shall continue to share with active members here whom we perceive to have a genuine interest in the appreciation and conservation of these beauties, the location will only be disseminated thru private messages and email.

http://b-pals.com/forums/showpost.php?p=55368&postcount=1Just a piece of reminder and suggestion to the members in Sunny's or ButterflyCircle's Circle of Trust who had already knew about the spefic location for particular species of butterfly, kindly be considerate and maintain the place as nature as possible.

If you happen to bring along your snacks during your outing, please make sure that no plastic bags or any other containers were left behind at the habitat of our flying jewels. Destroying the habitat is equivalent to killing the butterflies that are living at that habitat be it common or rare species.

Leave nothing but footsteps, take nothing but photographs!