View Full Version : New Sunday Times article

Commander
08-Mar-2008, 10:41 PM
If you look at today's papers (Saturday) on page 35 of the main section, you will see a "teaser" for tomorrow's Sunday Times article.

I managed to get the ST reporter interested in our story of the discovery of the Two-Spotted Line Blue, and Sunny and I met her on Friday to fill her in on our story. Sunny's excellent photos will also be in the papers tomorrow. :cheers:

I am not too sure how the story will turn out in the papers tomorrow, but do keep a look out for it. :gbounce:

P/S : I must acknowledge our "adviser" from up north, Les, for suggesting this.

benetay
08-Mar-2008, 11:42 PM
Can't wait to get my hands on tomorrow's The Straits Time! It will be a great publicity for B Circle!

Great effort :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Commander
08-Mar-2008, 11:48 PM
:bsmile: Let's hope so. Not sure how the editor will pitch the article. Let's hope it does give us some positive mileage and publicity. :cheers:

Commander
09-Mar-2008, 09:42 AM
Quite a politically correct article. I'm quite sure there'll be some overzealous greenies who will disagree with our comments, but then again, let them go to the reporter to write another article. :)

Also note that the "other side" latched on to our article to market their Butt Guide. But that's probably cos of the reporters' comprehensive research to find out all about butterflies in Singapore. ;P

I'm surprised that the article appeared in the main section of the Sunday Times, instead of the LifeStyle section. Amidst all the Malaysian Election news, our article took almost 2/3 of a page in the main section. The editor must think our finds are important enough to warrant that coverage. :grin2:

Painted Jezebel
09-Mar-2008, 09:45 AM
Unable to get a copy inn Samui. Any chance of getting the article shown here?

Commander
09-Mar-2008, 09:50 AM
I'll go figure out how to scan the article in. Too big for my scanner cos it covers almost a full page. :)

If anyone wants to help share this article with our overseas members, please chip in.

Cruiser
09-Mar-2008, 10:36 AM
Ok, here is this morning's article, enjoy reading it Les and All :-)

Painted Jezebel
09-Mar-2008, 11:28 AM
Thank you very much, BJ. It is a shame, however, that the article did not include this sites web address.

Commander
09-Mar-2008, 05:05 PM
Yup. Editors tend to have their own preferences. In my email to them, I included a short write up of BC, our mission, URLs of the website and blog. All of which were edited away. ;P

benetay
09-Mar-2008, 07:15 PM
It was indeed a great read! Rush down to get a copy of ST today when i was reading yesterday's BT. Almost forgotten about it.

Don't worry, those who want to find it here will eventually type butterfly circle in the search engine & will be link here.

One minor issue is the need to register before being able to view threads in the forum.

Great effort people!

zac08
10-Mar-2008, 01:22 AM
Great work guys... :thumbsup: :grin2:

Cycad Blue
15-Mar-2008, 01:14 AM
Neo pointed me to this thread. :cheers: Congrats on both the discovery and the publicity!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Glorious Begum
15-Mar-2008, 03:07 PM
congrats to you guys. Beer on me in Koh Samui :cheers: