PDA

View Full Version : LL at Chinese Gardens

horace2264
17-Feb-2008, 11:54 PM
Today went to a patch of wilderness outside the front entrance of Chinese Gardens (adjacent to the new car park and the new playground), and was surprised to see quite a bit of butt activities. There is a colony of about 6 Leopoard Lacwing flying around, another evidence that they are thriving and spreading fast in Singapore. Other butts sighted include the usual Chocolate Pansy, Striped Albatross, Short Banded Sailor, Baron, Potanthus sp., Orien sp., Copper Flash, Centaur Oakblue, Ancyra Blue, Grass Yellows, Bush Browns and Common Palmfly.

Commander
17-Feb-2008, 11:57 PM
Sounds interesting. That place is going to go soon too. Major redevelopment being planned for the entire area. :confused:

horace2264
18-Feb-2008, 12:11 AM
Sounds interesting. That place is going to go soon too. Major redevelopment being planned for the entire area. :confused:
I thought they just completed a major development, namely the Jurong Lake Park, and the new car park and the huge playground are parts of this major new park running along the lakeside?

Commander
18-Feb-2008, 01:03 AM
On the opposite bank then. From the Lakeside MRT station downwards towards the Chinese / Japanese Gardens.

Commander
20-Feb-2008, 01:08 PM
Horace, this (http://wildsingaporenews.blogspot.com/2008/02/jurong-lake-area-big-changes-planned.html) is what I was talking about. It's out in the news today.

horace2264
20-Feb-2008, 03:11 PM
Horace, this (http://wildsingaporenews.blogspot.com/2008/02/jurong-lake-area-big-changes-planned.html) is what I was talking about. It's out in the news today.
Thanks, Khew for the link. I saw the news item on AsiaOne this morning too.
Sad to see another butt shooting location going to be lost to development.

m00nman26
20-Feb-2008, 09:49 PM
LLs are taking over the island! :what:
I remembered juz less than a yr ago, i was looking for it for such a long time.. :bsmile:

blurboiboi
20-Feb-2008, 11:16 PM
LLs are taking over the island! :what:
I remembered juz less than a yr ago, i was looking for it for such a long time.. :bsmile:

dude... i think the eggs are not fertilized lehz