PDA

View Full Version : Some sightings in northern Singapore

Commander
16-Dec-2007, 06:58 PM
... or thereabouts. ;P

Those of you who are familiar with the old Silverlines HQ, which is now destroyed, may wish to note that the plants are recovering temporarily whilst the area is under construction.

There's a big bush which looks like the host plant of the Dark Caerulean, and several females (I counted 6) were fluttering actively and stopping to lay eggs once in a while. Not easy to shoot them when they are alert.

Also spotted the elusive Long Banded Silverline, but they were too high to shoot. One tattered individual came down for a rest, so I believe they are back there, only not so easy to spot.

So, who wanna go there on this Thursday's public holiday? :bsmile:

atronox
17-Dec-2007, 03:06 AM
Um, (;P ), wat silverlines HQ.

Commander
17-Dec-2007, 10:48 AM
Um, (;P ), wat silverlines HQ.

You can always join us for an outing... ;-)

horace2264
17-Dec-2007, 10:37 PM
Khew,
The flower buds in the your pic (in post 1) showing the female DC ovipositing are different from the ones I recorded earlier. See attached pic for a comparison. Looks like you have found another host plant for DC in Singapore.

Commander
17-Dec-2007, 10:57 PM
Definitely looks different. Here's another shot of the flower on which the Dark Caerulean was ovipositing.

atronox
18-Dec-2007, 01:54 AM
You can always join us for an outing... ;-) Oh, nvr mind. I think i know where it is.;-)