PDA

View Full Version : 2xLexias, 1 +1and others!

Painted Jezebel
28-Nov-2007, 09:56 PM
A good day up at the waterfall today. Not the greatest of photos I'm afraid, but there is a need to show them.

Having got a photo of Lexias dirtea merguia, male, two days ago (1), I managed a Lexias pardalis dirteana male today (2 & 3). Note the difference in the colouration of the antennae.

Also, managed a +1, photo wise with Cupitha purreea (4), a female, who repaid my hard graft chasing her by laying an egg (5) (blurred photo, sorry.) Could someone advise if the early stages are known of this species. If not, I will just have to force myself up to that god forsaken waterfall, AGAIN!!!!:bsmile:

Finally, just a reminder that there are many species which look alike. This little one (6) is Notocrypta curvifasciata. Note the extra subapical spots. There is a second species, N. feisthamelii which is almost identical. The difference is that on the underside forewing, the white band reaches the wing edge in N. feisthamelii, whilst not in N. curvifasciata. So, next time you see a Chocolate Demon, look again. You may just find you have another +1 for Singapore!

Sky Blue
29-Nov-2007, 11:59 PM
Also, managed a +1, photo wise with Cupitha purreea (4), a female, who repaid my hard graft chasing her by laying an egg (5) (blurred photo, sorry.) Could someone advise if the early stages are known of this species. If not, I will just have to force myself up to that god forsaken waterfall, AGAIN!!!!:bsmile:checked, not recorded in the 2 Life history books from IGARASHI & FUKUDA, but yet to google.

Painted Jezebel
30-Nov-2007, 09:23 AM
Thank you. I will just have to force myself back to the waterfall and collect! Isn't life harsh.:bsmile: