View Full Version : Location of Butterfly

Silverstreak
17-Sep-2007, 12:45 PM
In an ideal world, locations of butterflies should be shared unselfishly in the open forum.

Unfortunately we are not in an ideal world , we have experienced a few instances of within days of information posted here of new finds, these location were "raided" by lurkers and people(some even armed with nets) that we do not even know . Since then, I have stopped posting the location where I have taken the shots.

It is all for the "selfish" reason of protecting these butterflies from the "lurkers"who contributed nothing to this forum , but take freely from our generosity in sharing and in the process threaten these butterflies.

However , we shall continue to share with active members here whom we perceive to have a genuine interest in the appreciation and conservation of these beauties, the location will only be disseminated thru private messages and email.

Please forgive me if I do not respond to your queries of specifically where I shot a species in the open forum.

atronox
17-Sep-2007, 05:14 PM
Yes, i agree, however, i think it is still fair that we get to know where u found them. So far, only Simon has been telling us where he found da species in da checklist.

Glorious Begum
17-Sep-2007, 05:37 PM
it is safe to share with me, no where I can reach there easily. :bsmile:

Silverstreak
17-Sep-2007, 06:27 PM
Nothing is fair in this world , sharing of information is a privilege and not a right in a public forum.

I will only share such information, in particular of local butterflies, with active members here and those I know personally .... full stop!

Yes, i agree, however, i think it is still fair that we get to know where u found them. So far, only Simon has been telling us where he found da species in da checklist.

Commander
17-Sep-2007, 06:33 PM
Yes, i agree, however, i think it is still fair that we get to know where u found them.

This sounds a bit contradictory, don't you think so? If you agree with what Sunny said, then you would agree that he does not need to share the information, unless he chooses to do so.

Why do you think it's 'fair' that we must know where he shot the butts? No one owes anyone else anything here, and it's the 'discoverer's' prerogative to share information to whomever he wishes to do so.

So far, only Simon has been telling us where he found da species in da checklist.

Ah... so now we know who the informant is... :bsmile:

Rustic
18-Sep-2007, 11:14 AM

Fair? Who is "we"? do you mean u?

Elbowed Pierrot
18-Sep-2007, 03:05 PM
me? I don't remember telling you any location to any butterfly shots? I don't disclose location, except for the thread title and brief location data on my photos

Common Mime
18-Sep-2007, 03:08 PM
I think he meant the details you put on your photos lar. ;-)

Elbowed Pierrot
18-Sep-2007, 03:12 PM
only Simon has been telling us where he found da species in da checklist

from the way the sentence was constructed, it doesn't mean that.

Aaron, please construct your sentence correctly, I don't want to be branded with something I'm not guilty of.