PDA

View Full Version : Skippers from Fraser Hill

richardlbong
10-Sep-2007, 09:34 AM
Some of the skippers shots from Fraser Hill. Did not get to see many butterflies but there are lots of moths and leeches.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/digimania/Koruthaialosrubecularubecula.jpg
A possible Koruthaialos rubecula rubecula
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/digimania/Hasorataminatusmalayana.jpg
Hasora tarminatus malayana
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/digimania/_MG_1492.jpg
No idea what this is.
Richard

Commander
10-Sep-2007, 10:21 AM
Is that all you saw up there? Or you had to follow the birders to their preferred locations. There are many parks and side trails in Frasers Hill which are good butt hunting grounds! Pity that you didn't get to seen the montane butts. Or was it the weather which wasn't cooperating?

Painted Jezebel
10-Sep-2007, 10:29 AM
The malaise seems to be heading South. The last few days up here have been beautiful, weather wise, but terrible for butts. None about! (Caught up with my tan instead!)

richardlbong
10-Sep-2007, 10:44 AM
The trails are loaded with leeches and Wang Peck and the others have a phobia after been bitten thus we decided to stay off the trails. The weather wasn't too kind either. Most of the time the mist came in and visibility was poor. Did see some unusual Dalias and but unable to get any reasnable shots. Birders fare slightly better but still not many got good shots. This is the first time I see armies of leeches. The moment you stop on the trail, you see them practicaly heading towards you. Real scary. Some even drop down from the trees. TWP was even bitten on the neck.
Richard

Silverstreak
10-Sep-2007, 10:45 AM
The "malaise" is oredi here since last week....... spent 4 hours last Wednesday at Panti Forest ...... the butterfly sighting was disastrous! Seen more birds than butts.:bsmile:

Aiyah ! Richard should have told me that you were heading there...... would have told you the trick to ward off the leeches , simple and effective and Wang Peck should have them in her closet........;-)

Commander
10-Sep-2007, 10:49 AM
Aiyah ! Richard should have told me that you are heading there...... would have told you the trick to ward off the leeches , simple and effective and Wang Peck should have them in her closet.

You should patent a new anti-leech 'bodysuit' that covers all parts except the head. Then we formulate a special face cream like a commando paint with anti-leech properties. :bsmile:

Yong San
10-Sep-2007, 10:58 AM
Is the 3rd photo Aeromachus jhora creta (CP4 Plate 54, fig 2) ?
Thanks, << Yong >>

Glorious Begum
10-Sep-2007, 08:46 PM
Look like you had a very bad days there. Hmmm.. now I have to hold back my Fraser's hill trip. Prabably detour to Cameron, at least there is a last option there..butterfly park. Haha.. :bsmile:

richardlbong
10-Sep-2007, 09:31 PM
Thanks Yong San. LC, when it is wet, the jungle in the highland is full of leeches amd beside the butts are hiding most of the time as its too cold and wet for them. Beside it should be the start of the birds migratory season at this time of the year.
Richard

richardlbong
10-Sep-2007, 09:35 PM
Aiyah ! Richard should have told me that you were heading there...... would have told you the trick to ward off the leeches , simple and effective and Wang Peck should have them in her closet........;-)
Thanks Sunny for the offer, but I guess its a bit too late now. Have learned a good lesson, never go on a butt hunt in the Malaysian jungles during the monsoon season.
Richard

m00nman26
10-Sep-2007, 09:37 PM
The "malaise" is oredi here since last week....... spent 4 hours last Wednesday at Panti Forest ...... the butterfly sighting was disastrous! Seen more birds than butts.:bsmile:

Hi Sunny
what is the malaise about?

Silverstreak
10-Sep-2007, 10:30 PM
James,

The " malaise" Les referred to is his low blood count.. OPs I meant Butt count .. in the last couple of weeks.:bsmile:

m00nman26
10-Sep-2007, 10:44 PM
Hmmmm haha okok
i thot its some sorta climate change that cause the low butt count :p

Painted Jezebel
11-Sep-2007, 08:57 AM
James,

The " malaise" Les referred to is his low blood count.. OPs I meant Butt count .. in the last couple of weeks.:bsmile:

My blood count is fine, thank you very much, - haven't come across any leeches yet!:bsmile:

274:gbounce: