View Full Version : New Hong Kong Butterfly Book

EarlyStages
11-Jul-2007, 03:31 PM
A Photographic Monograph on Hong Kong Butterflies – http://hkls.org/monograph_hk_butterflies/

It's my understanding that this first volume treats 60 species, illustrating the complete life history of each one and the majority of their known foodplants in Hong Kong.

Keith

Common Mime
11-Jul-2007, 03:34 PM
May be CP can order for us using his account? ;P

For less than S$30, this is definitely a good buy! :)

EarlyStages
13-Jan-2008, 02:43 PM
Volume 2 is now available, with Vol. 3 targeted for July. No word yet about number 4.

Keith

Commander
13-Jan-2008, 11:09 PM
Looks like there's a bigger number of Hongkongers who are butterfly enthusiasts and are working hard to document their work. :thinking:

vespa_bicolor
14-Jan-2008, 12:30 AM
I will be going back to Singapore in a week's time and if anyone is interested I might be able to bring back a few copies.

Commander
14-Jan-2008, 01:26 AM
I will be going back to Singapore in a week's time and if anyone is interested I might be able to bring back a few copies.

Thanks, John. I'll reserve one copy each of the available volumes! :cheers: Will arrange to pay you when we meet up. :)

Silverstreak
14-Jan-2008, 01:52 AM
John,

Thanks for the offer!

One copy each of Volume 1 and Volume 2 for me

Cheers!

horace2264
14-Jan-2008, 01:55 AM
John,
If there is stiill luggage capacity for more books after Khew and Sunny's orders, I would like to place an order for available volumes too.

Horace

Rustic
14-Jan-2008, 02:02 AM
If possible, I would like to have 1 copy of each volume too. :)

Peacock Royal
14-Jan-2008, 08:38 AM
One copy of each volume for me also (if you still have luggage space).
Thanks John.

vespa_bicolor
14-Jan-2008, 11:22 AM
OK, there should be enough luggage capacity for the five of you so far, but no more after this! Should be able to pass to you guys in about a week or so. I will be returning to HK in March for about a week and then going back to Singapore again, so if there isn't enough space for some this trip I'll squeeze in the next one. And if volume 3 is indeed out around July I should be able to bring a few copies back in my September trip.

Common Mime
14-Jan-2008, 11:30 AM
Ops, am I too late to show my interest?

If possible, I would love to have a share too.

Thanks in advance, John. (no matter I got it or not)

vespa_bicolor
14-Jan-2008, 11:34 AM
No worries, I'll try to squeeze it in this time, if I can't I'll get it for you in March!
One of each volume as well?

Common Mime
14-Jan-2008, 11:40 AM
Yes, John!

One each. I can wait till March. No hurry at all. :)

Sky Blue
15-Jan-2008, 12:06 AM
If not too troublesome for you, please get me a volume each, I can wait too. Thanks !

vespa_bicolor
15-Jan-2008, 12:50 AM
No problem. So seven sets of one volume each altogether so far. I will go down to get them tomorrow or on wednesday, and then I'll see how many I can fit in my luggage. I will be able to bring more back in March as my luggage will be lighter the second time round!

Glorious Begum
15-Jan-2008, 11:40 AM
My apology for late request, hope you could get a set for me (one each). I can wait for round 2. Then I need SG guys to bring up here for me. Many thanks. :cheers:

vespa_bicolor
16-Jan-2008, 01:34 AM
Sure. Will keep you updated and pass to anyone who can pass it to you.

vespa_bicolor
18-Jan-2008, 11:38 AM
Unfortunately the books seem out of stock everywhere, and Volume 2 seems even more sold out than Volume 1! I went to several bookshops but only managed to get two copies of Volume 1. I will pass these two copies to Khew and Sunny since their requests were the earliest. There isn't much time to go hunting since I am packing now and will be back in Singapore tomorrow, but I will get a friend to go searching for the remaining copies (six of volume 1 and eight of Volume 2) and bring them down on my next trip in March. I apologize to all of you for the delay!

Peacock Royal
18-Jan-2008, 02:17 PM
John, there is no reason for you to apologise to us. You are doing us a great favour. We are sorry for making you to hunt for the books.

It seems that it is not easy to find books on butterfly at HK. When I was there last Dec for about a week, didn't come across many butterfly books.

vespa_bicolor
18-Jan-2008, 02:24 PM
The larger chain bookshops carry most of the local butterfly books (many only in Chinese though). Seems like people are buying a lot of them, that's why they're out of stock so fast. A few weeks back I saw so many copies of both Volume 1 and 2 in the bookshops, now when I need to get them, I went back and found so many all sold out!

Commander
21-Jan-2008, 07:42 PM
Thanks for buying the two copies and carrying them over, John.

Wasn't expecting a nice hard cover book at S$25 :omg: . The pics are quite nice and in a simple format. Good series. :thumbsup: Worth buying.

Sunny, your copy is with me. Better come get it soon before someone tempts me with $30 and kidnapping your book from me. :bsmile:

Leopard Lacewing
22-Jan-2008, 12:05 AM
Hi John, hope I'm not late to make an order. please get me a volume each for me. Many thanks.

Cheers!

vespa_bicolor
22-Jan-2008, 12:10 AM
You're not too late if you don't mind waiting a couple of months. I'm back already but I'll add your request to the list when I go back and come back again in March. The stock in the shops should be replenished by then.

Cruiser
22-Jan-2008, 12:13 AM
John, if you don't mind please get me each one copy too, I can wait :cheers:

vespa_bicolor
22-Jan-2008, 12:14 AM
Noted. Sure, will do.

Peacock Royal
03-Mar-2008, 11:27 AM
Order of the book : A Photographic Monograph on Hong Kong Butterflies Vol 1 and Vol (http://hkls.org/monograph_hk_butterflies/)

John, I am sorry to trouble you to buy another set for me if it is still possible.

1. Khew (Vo1 1 taken, Vol 2)
2. Sunny (Vo 1 taken, Vol 2)
3. Horace (Vol 1 and Vol 2)
4. Rustic (Tan C P) (Vol 1 and Vol 2 )
5. Peacock Royal (Federick Ho) ( 2 sets : Vol 1 and Vol 2)
6. Chee Ming ( Vol 1 and Vol 2)
7. Soon Chye (Vol 1 and Vol 2)
8. LC Goh (Vol 1 and Vol 2)
9. Bobby (Vol 1 and Vol 2)
10. Ben Jin (Vol 1 and Vol 2)

Thanks a lot.

vespa_bicolor
03-Mar-2008, 02:37 PM
Will do. I am in fact leaving for Hong Kong tonight and will have 2 weeks to shop around. Thankfully i'll be travelling light this time so won't be much of a problem to carry the books. Will keep everyone updated when I'm coming back.

Leopard Lacewing
03-Mar-2008, 03:00 PM
Hey John, thank you very much for all the trouble.

LC, if I got the books from John by the Koh Samui's trip and if you are going , I will bring them along for you.

Cheers!

benetay
03-Mar-2008, 05:48 PM
Sorry for the really last minute request. Can i tag along this purchase? Will get 1 set. Both volume. It's okay if you can't make it this time round, no worries.

Cheers!

Glorious Begum
03-Mar-2008, 07:35 PM
Hey John, thank you very much for all the trouble.

LC, if I got the books from John by the Koh Samui's trip and if you are going , I will bring them along for you.

Cheers!

Thank you so much Bobby. I have not yet decided the trip as I am still waiting for my schedule. Sorry for not able to confirm my trip. :-(

vespa_bicolor
04-Mar-2008, 04:19 PM
Sorry for the really last minute request. Can i tag along this purchase? Will get 1 set. Both volume. It's okay if you can't make it this time round, no worries.

Cheers!

Just saw this upon reaching HK early this morning. No problem, will add yours to the list (provided they are back in stock now).

benetay
04-Mar-2008, 07:16 PM
Thanks a million!! owe you one.

EarlyStages
05-Mar-2008, 01:32 PM
Just saw this upon reaching HK early this morning. No problem, will add yours to the list (provided they are back in stock now).

John, if you want to save yourself the time and hassle (and perhaps even some $), plus be guaranteed as many books as you can possibly stuff in your luggage, please visit LEE Ping Chung (李炳翀):

Hang Seng Castle Peak Road Building, Room 501
339 Castle Peak Road, Kowloon

Dr. Lee ("Doc") is the chairman of the Hong Kong Lepidopterists' Society, an avid butterfly photographer, and a very fine gentleman. If it helps, I can send him an e-mail saying to expect you.

Keith

vespa_bicolor
05-Mar-2008, 11:16 PM
Hi Keith,

that's a great suggestion, thanks! However. Dr Lee's office is apparently quite far from where I live, with no direct bus routes (I don't have a car at this moment). I usually visit the bookshops near my place along the way after a day out hunting, so I will probably try these places first. If I can't find them by next week I will visit Dr. Lee.

vespa_bicolor
11-Mar-2008, 01:01 AM
Some good news, the books are in stock at three bookshops located in the usual areas I frequent. However I may not be able to fit all into my luggage because I also have to bring some bulky items for a friend on this trip. I will get a friend who is also visiting to bring the rest down in early April.

Peacock Royal
11-Mar-2008, 08:27 AM
Thanks, John.
Please advise us how to make payment to you.
Owe you a treat.

Cruiser
11-Mar-2008, 09:57 AM
Thank you John, couldn't wait to read the book :cheers:

Leopard Lacewing
11-Mar-2008, 10:14 AM
Thank you very much, John! See you in SG soon!

Cheers!

vespa_bicolor
19-Mar-2008, 01:21 PM
Just got back late last night. I brought five sets back. Wondering how to arrange, four sets will probably go to the first four names down the list (after Khew and Sunny - I also brought one copy of Volume 2 for each of you) and I would also pass one to whoever can pass it to LC. I should be free most afternoons - but I won't be able to make it in the mornings till April. Do let me know when you guys will be free to collect them and let me know where would be convenient for you to meet me. I'll be staying till April so there's still time.

The rest will be brought over in April, I'll pass them to the rest in the list then.

(To Federick, is it OK if I pass you one set first? I will pass you the other in April.)

Peacock Royal
19-Mar-2008, 02:19 PM
Thanks a lot John.
Sure, I can get one set first.

Let see if we can go out for shooting this Friday or Saturday. Will get back to you.

benetay
19-Mar-2008, 02:39 PM
Thanks John, will be collecting from you in April.

Cheers!

Glorious Begum
19-Mar-2008, 04:11 PM
Thank you so much John. Bobby will collect and pay for me. :redbounce

Just got back late last night. I brought five sets back. Wondering how to arrange, four sets will probably go to the first four names down the list (after Khew and Sunny - I also brought one copy of Volume 2 for each of you) and I would also pass one to whoever can pass it to LC. I should be free most afternoons - but I won't be able to make it in the mornings till April. Do let me know when you guys will be free to collect them and let me know where would be convenient for you to meet me. I'll be staying till April so there's still time.

The rest will be brought over in April, I'll pass them to the rest in the list then.

(To Federick, is it OK if I pass you one set first? I will pass you the other in April.)

Common Mime
19-Mar-2008, 07:17 PM
Just to make the list clearer and those will be collecting theirs are in bold:

1. Khew (Vo1 1 taken, Vol 2)
2. Sunny (Vo 1 taken, Vol 2)
3. Horace (Vol 1 and Vol 2)
4. Rustic (Tan C P) (Vol 1 and Vol 2 )
5. Peacock Royal (Federick Ho) (Vol 1 and Vol 2)
6. Chee Ming ( Vol 1 and Vol 2)
7. Soon Chye (Vol 1 and Vol 2)
8. LC Goh (Vol 1 and Vol 2)
9. Bobby (Vol 1 and Vol 2)
10. Ben Jin (Vol 1 and Vol 2)
11. Benedict (Vol 1 and Vol 2)
12. Peacock Royal (Federick Ho) (Vol 1 and Vol 2)

Thanks, John!

Sky Blue
19-Mar-2008, 09:57 PM
why my name is not bold? :nunu:

vespa_bicolor
19-Mar-2008, 10:34 PM
Hmm, Bobby, if you will be collecting and paying for LC then I think I will hand you yours first as well. Hope someone else originally supposed to collect this time round won't mind waiting a little longer.

I'll arrange with you all in a couple of days about when to meet and collect, because I'll be somewhat busy tomorrow and Friday. Should be free on weekends.

Common Mime
19-Mar-2008, 11:07 PM
Hmm, Bobby, if you will be collecting and paying for LC then I think I will hand you yours first as well. Hope someone else originally supposed to collect this time round won't mind waiting a little longer.

I'll arrange with you all in a couple of days about when to meet and collect, because I'll be somewhat busy tomorrow and Friday. Should be free on weekends.
Seems like I have to wait a little while longer... Anyway, I am fine with it but if I am not wrong, Bobby is now overseas...

Glorious Begum
19-Mar-2008, 11:57 PM

I jumped Q. :bsmile: Buy you beer next time we meet. :cheers:

Common Mime
20-Mar-2008, 12:18 AM
I jumped Q. :bsmile: Buy you beer next time we meet. :cheers:
I have to claim my beer as well :cheers: . Because of you cutting the Q, Booby has got his first and I am going to un-bold myself :cry: :blah:

Glorious Begum
20-Mar-2008, 02:34 PM
I have to claim my beer as well :cheers: . Because of you cutting the Q, Booby has got his first and I am going to un-bold myself :cry: :blah:

No problem CM, but I prefer to buy you in Koh Samui. :bsmile:

You still have time to get your tickets. :cheers:

Peacock Royal
22-Mar-2008, 11:15 PM
Not sure how you all make arrangement with John to collect the book.
I will be meeting hiim Monday evening after work.
I can collect and pay for you first. Let me know in this thread by Mionday noon.

Rustic
23-Mar-2008, 03:31 AM

SC, u can take my slot first. :)
I dont need the books urgently. ;P

Peacock Royal
23-Mar-2008, 10:51 AM
I will be meeting John at Tampines MRT (will confirm with you the exact place via sms) tomorrow evening (Monday 24 March) to pick up my copies as well as Sunny's.

Sky Blue
23-Mar-2008, 12:19 PM
SC, u can take my slot first. :)
I dont need the books urgently. ;PI'm just asking for fun only, you can collect yrs first, I want to claim my beer :bsmile:

Sky Blue
23-Mar-2008, 07:55 PM
Talked to CP, so I'll take his Q no.

Federick, can u collect & pay for me first? Thanks ya ;-)

Glorious Begum
23-Mar-2008, 08:20 PM

Lol ! then I can keep my beers for someone else going to KS. :bsmile:

Peacock Royal
23-Mar-2008, 08:54 PM

Sure.
If possible, will meet you guys somewhere this Sat or Sunday. Will inform you all.

vespa_bicolor
14-May-2008, 04:28 PM
I've been back to HK for a month already, and initially I had agreed to send the remaining copies to Khew's address for those who haven't collected their copies yet. But upon coming back I've been so busy that I had no time to pack them and go down to the post office (spring is a very busy time for me, either I'm out all the time or bad weather keeps me indoors)!

Just want to check with those who haven't collected the remaining copies. I will be taking a short trip back to Singapore in August. Are you all willing to wait till then? If so I can bring the remaining copies back just like I did the previous time.

Apologies once again for all the delays.

Common Mime
14-May-2008, 05:14 PM
Apologies once again for all the delays.No apologies is needed, John.

I can wait till whenever you are back to Singapore. Just let me know when you are back, then I will arrange with you to collect my copy.

Thanks!

EarlyStages
12-Nov-2008, 04:50 PM
BTW, the third tome has been out for a while now.

Keith

Glorious Begum
12-Nov-2008, 05:18 PM
I noticed that the sequence of pic is mixed up in the 2nd book cover. And for this, it looks like opposite to me. Is it just me ?

need to get this book. Can anyone help ?

atronox
12-Nov-2008, 08:14 PM
I noticed that the sequence of pic is mixed up in the 2nd book cover. And for this, it looks like opposite to me. Is it just me ?

Yeah, it seems reversed.:thinking:

Rustic
12-Nov-2008, 11:41 PM

Leslie, maybe you want to consider a short trip to Hong Kong? :)

I visited HKLS during early Dec several years ago. We tagged along with them to take a look a the winter roosting behaviour of Danaid butterflies. Around 10am or so, hundreds of them departed together (and it looked more like a fleet of bats!).

http://www.hkls.org/publications.html

However, I aint sure of the current status of the various sites. you could drop the author a mail if you are keen. :)

vespa_bicolor
03-Dec-2008, 12:51 PM
A quick update - Will be back as early as next week possibly. But since I'm staying for as long as 2 or 3 months, I'll have a lot of luggage. My father will be going down on the 20th of Dec. for just a couple of days and he'll carry the books down since he won't have check-in luggage of his own. So far there are five sets, for CP, Chee Ming, Benedict, Ben Jin and Federick - correct? Hope I didn't miss anyone out, let me know if I did and I'll get before I go back. In any case I'll be renting a vehicle from around the 21st or so, so I'll arrange to meet all of you during that time since I'll be more mobile to deliver your books!

Common Mime
03-Dec-2008, 02:14 PM
Thanks a lot, John!

benetay
03-Dec-2008, 03:00 PM
Thanks a lot man!

Cheers!

Cruiser
03-Dec-2008, 08:26 PM
John, many thanks in advance :cheers:

Sky Blue
03-Dec-2008, 09:33 PM
John, can I trouble you? I know the weight keep increasing, just see if can :)

vespa_bicolor
04-Dec-2008, 01:56 AM
John, can I trouble you? I know the weight keep increasing, just see if can :)

Should be OK! If I can't squeeze in for that lot I'll bring it the second time around CNY.

Silverstreak
04-Dec-2008, 05:20 PM
John,

Include one for me if you can !

Thank you in advance!

Cheers!

vespa_bicolor
04-Dec-2008, 08:40 PM
John,

Include one for me if you can !

Thank you in advance!

Cheers!

Sure! Sorry just want to clarify - do you mean another set of Volumes 1 and 2, or one of the third one?

Silverstreak
05-Dec-2008, 11:35 AM
John,

Just Volume 3 , I already have volume 1and 2.

Thanks!

Peacock Royal
08-Dec-2008, 10:09 AM
I thnik John is referring to Vol 1 and 2.

Yes, one set for me. Will meet up with you to collect the books. Many many thanks.

Silverstreak
08-Dec-2008, 04:27 PM
Ops !

To preclude the possibility of a mix up .

I was referring to Vol 3 as I already have Vol 1 and Vol 2.

Cheers!

Rustic
11-Jan-2009, 11:44 PM
Will be visiting HKG in early Feb.
Probably, can help to ship back some books if necessary. :)

vespa_bicolor
23-Jan-2009, 02:14 AM
My father just came back again and finally, the books have been brought back! CP, Chee Ming, Benedict, Ben Jin and Federick, you can collect them anytime - just let me know in advance. Each book is HK$138 so HK$276 for each set (not sure of the exchange rate right now, will go check tomorrow).

Since it looks like CP will be in HK and back again earlier than me, you all might want to ask him to help bring back volume 3 - provided he has enough baggage space! :bsmile:

Rustic
23-Jan-2009, 10:06 AM
My father just came back again and finally, the books have been brought back! CP, Chee Ming, Benedict, Ben Jin and Federick, you can collect them anytime - just let me know in advance. Each book is HK$138 so HK$276 for each set (not sure of the exchange rate right now, will go check tomorrow).

Since it looks like CP will be in HK and back again earlier than me, you all might want to ask him to help bring back volume 3 - provided he has enough baggage space! :bsmile:

Do we pay u in HKD or SGD? :P (The recent forex rate is about 1SGD = 5.15HKD).

I might go "hunt" for volume 3 to complete the collection. :)
Any good book stores to explore?

Cruiser
23-Jan-2009, 10:59 AM
thanks John, do let us know the exact amount and currency preferred :cheers:

vespa_bicolor
23-Jan-2009, 11:09 AM
SGD will be best, since I'll still be here for some time. Drop me a PM or an SMS (can call me also but I spend a lot of time driving these few weeks so might not pick up immediately) at my number 97845360. Can arrange most times except for the first couple of days of CNY.

vespa_bicolor
23-Jan-2009, 11:11 AM
I might go "hunt" for volume 3 to complete the collection. :)
Any good book stores to explore?

I'll give you a list of the bookstores likely to have it (although not all of them might have so many copies at once, I actually had to buy from several different shops)

benetay
23-Jan-2009, 02:07 PM
Thanks John! Will arrange with you!

Cheers!

vespa_bicolor
28-Aug-2009, 12:11 PM
Will be going back in mid September. Anyone wants volume 3? Please list out here and I'll go get them in the next couple of weeks.

Wanderer
28-Aug-2009, 02:03 PM
Hi John,

I wonder if it will be troublesome for you to get a complete set for me (Vol 1-3)? Thanks!!

Silverstreak
28-Aug-2009, 02:52 PM
John,

Please get a copy of Volume 3 for me.

Thanks!

:cheers:

Cabbage White
28-Aug-2009, 03:53 PM
Will be going back in mid September. Anyone wants volume 3? Please list out here and I'll go get them in the next couple of weeks.

Soooory John, I just came into the picture. Could you give a little more detail of the book that you have mentioned? BTW, written in english or chinese?:embrass:

AL

butterfly_effect
28-Aug-2009, 04:21 PM
john, can u help me get the complete set too? :-) how much will it cost in total?

Silverstreak
28-Aug-2009, 05:51 PM
Soooory John, I just came into the picture. Could you give a little more detail of the book that you have mentioned? BTW, written in english or chinese?:embrass:

AL

AL,

Good to have series , the series is here in both English and Chinese :

http://hkls.org/monograph_hk_butterflies/

vespa_bicolor
29-Aug-2009, 01:53 PM
OK...

KY - 1 set
Ellen - 1 set
Sunny - Vol. 3

Anyone else? Closing "deadline" in a week because have to find time to go pick them up. Can squeeze in 7 more copies of vol. 3 or 2 complete sets. The book retails at a fixed price of HK$138 - lazy to do the conversion now :bsmile: .

Great Mormon
29-Aug-2009, 06:41 PM
let me ask my boss at Hort Park whether he wants one set.. will get back to u on monday..

Bluebottle
29-Aug-2009, 10:38 PM
Hi John,

I would like to get a complete set (Vol 1-3) if it is not too troublesome for you. Thank you.

vespa_bicolor
30-Aug-2009, 01:06 AM
OK,

KY - 1 set
Ellen - 1 set
Loke - 1 set
Sunny - Vol. 3

Anyone else? Closing "deadline" in a week because have to find time to go pick them up. Can squeeze in 7 more copies of vol. 3 or 2 complete sets, because my father will be going down too so can squeeze in for two separate flights. The book retails at a fixed price of HK$138 - lazy to do the conversion now :bsmile: .

Glorious Begum
30-Aug-2009, 11:18 AM
I have not got my Vol 3 yet. Could you get one for me ? I will get CM or SC to pay for me first. Many Thanks

vespa_bicolor
30-Aug-2009, 01:16 PM
KY - 1 set
Ellen - 1 set
Loke - 1 set
Sunny - Vol. 3
LC - Vol. 3

Anyone else? Closing "deadline" in a week because have to find time to go pick them up. Can squeeze in 6 more copies of vol. 3 or 2 complete sets.

Glorious Begum
30-Aug-2009, 05:54 PM
Thanks John. SC will collect & pay the book. :cheers:

KY - 1 set
Ellen - 1 set
Loke - 1 set
Sunny - Vol. 3
LC - Vol. 3

Anyone else? Closing "deadline" in a week because have to find time to go pick them up. Can squeeze in 6 more copies of vol. 3 or 2 complete sets.

vespa_bicolor
05-Sep-2009, 06:54 PM
Anyone else? "Deadline" tomorrow night as I will be busy with preparations in a few days.

Blue Nawab
05-Sep-2009, 07:08 PM
Dear John,
Get 1 complete set for me please, Thanks.
Cher Hern

vespa_bicolor
06-Sep-2009, 12:50 AM
OK sure.

KY - 1 set
Ellen - 1 set
Loke - 1 set
Cher Hern - 1 set
Sunny - Vol. 3
LC - Vol. 3

Can squeeze in one more set or three more Vol. 3.

vespa_bicolor
17-Sep-2009, 10:41 PM
KY - 1 set
Ellen - 1 set
Loke - 1 set
Cher Hern - 1 set
Sunny - Vol. 3
LC - Vol. 3

That's it for this trip, because I picked up the books already and won't have time to go around again. Will be in Singapore next Tuesday (22/9/2009), and will arrange with you all again. Probably driving rented lorry as before so can do deliveries!

Blue Nawab
18-Sep-2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks John for all that trouble.
Will be most glad to meet up with you in Singapore. Maybe just PM us once you are here and your location and will meet you up.
How would you like the payment to be made, Singapore Dollars or Hong Kong Dollars?
Thanks.

Glorious Begum
18-Sep-2009, 12:40 PM
:redbounce Thank you so much John. Please pass the book to SC.

SC, need to trouble you. Thanks in advance. :cheers:

Sky Blue
19-Sep-2009, 09:40 AM
no problem :)

vespa_bicolor
22-Sep-2009, 02:32 PM
Books packed and ready to go, will be leaving for the airport in three hours. Please pay me in Singapore Dollars, the current exchange rate at the money changer was 5.1 so $138 / 5.1 = 27.05 ($27 will do). So for 1 of Vol 3 alone, 27, for a complete set $81. Will get in touch once I'm back and arrange with each of you. I'm in Tampines but don't worry, I'd rather bring it over to near your home or workplace if its more convenient for you so you don't have to make time to meet me elsewhere.

butterfly_effect
22-Sep-2009, 06:37 PM
hey john, thanks for helping me to get the books! My workplc is on the east side. Let me buy u nice briyani lunch if u can drop by sometime when convenient. Will pay u cash when we meet :)

Silverstreak
22-Sep-2009, 06:45 PM
Can I come along and collect mine and have free lunch too???
;P

Bluebottle
22-Sep-2009, 09:52 PM
Thank you very much John.
Can I collect the books from you during this Sat SF outing?

butterfly_effect
23-Sep-2009, 12:14 PM
;P

of course! :-)

vespa_bicolor
23-Sep-2009, 10:58 PM
Thank you very much John.
Can I collect the books from you during this Sat SF outing?

Hi Loke,

sure, that would be great.

vespa_bicolor
23-Sep-2009, 11:03 PM
;P

Hi Sunny,

will you be going for the SF outing on Saturday morning? If not, drop me a PM and I'll arrange to bring the book over to you.

butterfly_effect
25-Sep-2009, 12:37 PM
unker sunny, john, shall we do lunch at jalan batu kopitiam next wk say tuesday? :) i bring u guys to the nice briyani plc!

Silverstreak
25-Sep-2009, 12:46 PM
Ellen ,

Where is this batu kopitiam?:) I can make it if it is after 12:30 pm. What time?

John ,

Will not be able to make it on Saturday Outing!

Wanderer
25-Sep-2009, 02:34 PM
near dunman high? can i tag along for lunch? i am free on tuesday afternoons if you guys starting after 1230.... :bsmile:

butterfly_effect
25-Sep-2009, 04:15 PM
sure! The kopitiam is near kallang macdonalds. Jalan batu is just behind my office along mountbatten road. If u guys wanna meet me at my office oso can. Lunch is from 1pm. But can come earlier at 12.45 if u guys want. Lunch hr flexi:-)

Silverstreak
25-Sep-2009, 04:31 PM
Okie ! Let's peg the time as 1:00 PM ,I can make it !

Let's check if John can make it !!

Oh ! Your Office got swee charbor or not?:bsmile:

butterfly_effect
25-Sep-2009, 04:59 PM
sorry la... Only got me lzb. :( keke. My postal is 397799 if u all need a reference.:) i m trying to get hold of john but he has not replied to my sms. Hopefully he will see this thread:-)

vespa_bicolor
25-Sep-2009, 09:48 PM
Paiseh ;P Just got back, been going around running some errands.

Should be fine, I'm flexible. Will confirm on Sunday night or Monday.

butterfly_effect
25-Sep-2009, 11:44 PM
john is ur mobile still working? I left my number in ur pm. So tentatively sunny ky n me will meet u at 1 on tuesday :) see ya!

vespa_bicolor
26-Sep-2009, 08:45 AM
My number is still the same, but my plan got discontinued for some strange reason and Singtel has no clue what happened, and I'm still waiting for them to reconnect it. You can save and keep my number as its still my main number and should be working soon.

butterfly_effect
27-Sep-2009, 10:41 PM
Oh dear... I hope somehow can contact each other on Tuesday. Whatever it is, I'll wait for all of you in the office. Unker Sunny has my number... KY... I left my number in your PM.

From the office, we do a short walk past some Centaur Oak Blue trees (keke!) to the Briyani place :)

vespa_bicolor
27-Sep-2009, 10:55 PM
Number is working already!

Rustic
18-Jan-2010, 12:14 AM
I will be in HK on the last week of Jan 2010. If any need more copies (or other books), let me know. :)

Or, maybe John can help us to get the copies, then leave it in my hotel's reception. :bsmile:

PS1: I will not be checking my mail very often. SMS me if there is any interest.
PS2: John, I have a pm for you.