PDA

View Full Version : which Arhopala?

Sky Blue
18-Mar-2006, 07:18 PM
Also from one of the melvynyeo's post, anyone can id?

http://butterfly.mingcolour.com/tmp/z.jpg

horace2264
19-Oct-2006, 06:24 PM
I shot a butt of the same species in the nature reserve the other day. Only managed a distant shot of the butt between leaves, but the markings clearly match those seen in Soon Chye's posted pic.

Has anyone managed to find the ID of this butt since the 1st posting in March?

Horace

Sky Blue
19-Oct-2006, 06:59 PM
Hi horace, yes look same, there's no underside photos of Arhopala in C&P4 that match with this butterfly, I'm also wondering which species is this, could be something new or may be just C&P4 didn't show the underside photo.

want to meet up this week-end & go to the side to check out their early stage? may be that can give more hint.

horace2264
19-Oct-2006, 07:10 PM
Hi horace, yes look same, there's no underside photos of Arhopala in C&P4 that match with this butterfly, I'm also wondering which species is this, could be something new or may be just C&P4 didn't show the underside photo.

want to meet up this week-end & go to the side to check out their early stage? may be that can give more hint.

Thanks Soon Chye for the invite but weekends for me are strictly family times. I will PM you the location of the shot. The leaves in both pics look the same to me, maybe leaves of the host plant?

Horace

horace2264
07-Apr-2007, 02:31 AM
Shot this Arhopala in CCA yesterday. Looks like the same species as the one in the first post.

Horace