View Full Version : Updates to the Singapore Checklist

Commander
13-Aug-2005, 01:11 PM
The Singapore Checklist now stands at 268 species (with 2 subspecies). Latest amendments are :

Addition of Great Orange Tip (Hebomoia glaucippe aturia) photographed at Upper Seletar Reservoir Park by Richard Ong.
Addition of Knight (Lebadea martha malayana) - Malaysian subspecies found at Pulau Tekong
Deletion of Dark Jungle Glory (Thaumantis noureddin noureddin) - The existence of this species is doubtful, and the credibility of the observer is called into question as we only had a photograph of a dead specimen (which apparently was 'revived and flew away', according to the author). No other credible source of a voucher specimen and/or photo of it in the field.

Common Rose
13-Aug-2005, 01:32 PM
I was going to ask u about the Dark Jungle Glory. ;P

Commander
13-Aug-2005, 01:41 PM
I was going to ask u about the Dark Jungle Glory. ;P

Heh... what were you going to ask?

Common Rose
13-Aug-2005, 01:46 PM
Heh... what were you going to ask?
u told me b4 about the case of the DJG, so I was thinking, how crediable was the source?

Commander
13-Aug-2005, 02:07 PM
u told me b4 about the case of the DJG, so I was thinking, how crediable was the source?

Glad you remember. It was doubtful so I'm taking it out of the checklist. It's the only species in my Checklist that I have not had a personal look at a photo or a voucher specimen . But, having said that, whoever stays around Choa Chu Kang side of the island should keep a close look out for anything that looks like a DBJG, and take a closer look if you have a chance. ;P

Common Rose
13-Aug-2005, 02:09 PM
But, having said that, whoever stays around Choa Chu Kang side of the island should keep a close look out for anything that looks like a DBJG, and take a closer look if you have a chance. ;P
This is, in my opinion, an example of 'suspected species'. Look out for it and see can find or not.