PDA

View Full Version : Lascar

Silverstreak
21-Apr-2013, 02:47 AM
Space 3 does not peaked inward and doubled that of adjacent spots in spaces 2 & 4.

I think this is the Burmese Lascar ( Lasippa heliodore dorelia ) , or is still a Malaysan ( Lascar Lasippatiga siaka) .

what do you think Dr Seow ? :)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/SunnyChir/Sunny-Chir--1D4-005209_zps0aaa5371.jpg (http://s13.photobucket.com/user/SunnyChir/media/Sunny-Chir--1D4-005209_zps0aaa5371.jpg.html)

Psyche
21-Apr-2013, 03:53 PM
You are right. It is the Burmese Lascar. Lasippa heliodore.

Did'nt realised these two can be so similar.

Lasippa tiga siaka.
Sumarginal spot/band in space 3 peaked inwards roughly 2x that of adjacent spots in spaces 2 & 4.
FW cellular bar/band with the cellend 'tongue' obsolete, or vestigial or never quite separated from the main bar/band.

Lasippa heliodore dorelia.
Submarginal spot/band in space 3 peaked inwards less than 1 1/2 that of adjacent spots 2 & 4.
FW cellular bar/band with cellend 'tongue' well-formed & separated from the main bar/band.

TL Seow:cheers:

Silverstreak
21-Apr-2013, 05:59 PM
Thanks Dr. Seow ! :)

Commander
21-Apr-2013, 07:34 PM
Seow, can you take a look at these two L. tiga and comment regarding the "FW cellular bar/band with the cellend 'tongue' obsolete, or vestigial or never quite separated from the main bar/band."

Psyche
21-Apr-2013, 08:17 PM
Seow, can you take a look at these two L. tiga and comment regarding the "FW cellular bar/band with the cellend 'tongue' obsolete, or vestigial or never quite separated from the main bar/band."

I did see a couple like that. By zooming in for a close view, the 'tongue' is still attached at some point.
The first criterion is still the defining ID feature.

TL Seow

Commander
21-Apr-2013, 09:27 PM
I did see a couple like that. By zooming in for a close view, the 'tongue' is still attached at some point.
The first criterion is still the defining ID feature.

TL Seow

Thanks. I see what you mean by the 'tongue'.