Look out of this world!!!

Psyche
16-Apr-2012, 12:23 AM
Its a female Pithauria marsena.

TL Seow:cheers:

moloch
16-Apr-2012, 07:45 AM
Wow, that was a strange one, LC.

Did you make it to Fraser's Hill last week?

Regards,

bluefin
16-Apr-2012, 05:06 PM
Wow, that was a strange one, LC.

Did you make it to Fraser's Hill last week?

Regards,

Yep David, we went for a day trip to Fraser's Hill last week. :)
But we only sighted the more common species during our short time there.

Just a note to anyone intending to go to Jeriat Falls, the stretch of road leading to Jeriat Falls has been closed off to vehicle as there was a landslide. While we were there, we had to park our vehicle and trek all the way down to Jeriat Falls (about 4km).

The downhill trek was still alright but the uphill trek was really tough and we nearly give up on the last stretch. But we manage to pull it through after some struggle. :sweat:

Glorious Begum
16-Apr-2012, 07:43 PM
Really a good walk for us. Now I know I am old and unfit. :-(

Silverstreak
16-Apr-2012, 09:40 PM
Should have started the descent to Jerai Fall by rolling down all your gears .... to compensate for having to carry them gears up hill on the return ;P

Glorious Begum
16-Apr-2012, 11:31 PM
I would say leave your gears behind. :bsmile:

Should have started the descent to Jerai Fall by rolling down all your gears .... to compensate for having to carry them gears up hill on the return ;P

Glorious Begum
16-Apr-2012, 11:32 PM
Thank you Dr Seow. :cheers:

Its a female Pithauria marsena.

TL Seow:cheers:

moloch
17-Apr-2012, 05:05 AM
Yes, I forgot to mention the landslip. I also walked to/from the falls. On my first walk down, there also was a huge treefall along the way. A couple of guys were there with a chainsaw and they cut/hacked a path through the mess.

The walk back was usually good since there were birds to be seen/heard along the way. The nicest was a family group of Long-tailed Broadbills ... stunning birds.

In a way, the closed road was good since I usually had the falls to myself. There was nobody around to disturb the baited butterflies.

Regards,
David