PDA

View Full Version : spray for plants

alarch
09-Feb-2012, 01:42 AM
Hi! I'm new to the butterfly circle but I am not new to breading Monarchs Well, I have a question and I'm hoping another butterfly enthusiast who also shares this love can help me with this question. I have a ton and a half of milkweed but have noticed some is not lasting like it should. So, I have been doing a little bit of research on my own and realized that the way you spray/water the plants makes a large difference. It seems like a standard greenhouse can grow it, but different hoses and watering methods and schedules can make a really huge difference in the end! Does anyone know if this kind of teejet (http://www.spraysmarter.com/public/buy/category/default.aspx?ID=30) sprayer has a shower setting? I think that might make all the difference. Let me know what you know!

shahwon
09-Mar-2012, 12:59 PM
Plants use 10-15 % of water, the rest goes as seepage. Keeping in view of shortage of Water.

Here is what I do.

Take a pet Bottle, make a small hole in the Cap, and a larger hole in the Bottom, fill with Water,
and press the Head in soil at 45 degree angle, it will start drip action, keeping the soil moist round the clock. It will take a week or more to consume. This can be done in Flower Pots ad in Flower Beds. In flower beds keep a distance of a yard apart.

I had done this when I left for a week for upcountry. My plants were all fresh on my return