PDA

View Full Version : Skipper ID Help

The Plane
01-Jan-2012, 08:20 PM
Shot this at Ubin today. Please help in the ID as I'm not very sure. Thanks :cheers:

Banded Yeoman
01-Jan-2012, 08:27 PM
Maybe it is caltoris philippina?

I am just judging from Uncle Khew's book. It has no forewing cell spot.

Commander
01-Jan-2012, 08:29 PM
Well observed, Jon. Matches C. philippina very closely, including the greenish thorax scaling. :thinking:

The Plane
01-Jan-2012, 09:34 PM
Thanks Jon. It was my guess too when I check C&P4 but I better let the expert ID it.

If this is C. philippina, I must :mad2: myself for not bothering to get a better shot. It was there the whole afternoon but I was more interested in chasing the Bamboo Tree Brown :bsmile: . Loke did you shoot it when I pointed it out to you ?

Bluebottle
01-Jan-2012, 10:53 PM
Thanks Jon. It was my guess too when I check C&P4 but I better let the expert ID it.

If this is C. philippina, I must :mad2: myself for not bothering to get a better shot. It was there the whole afternoon but I was more interested in chasing the Bamboo Tree Brown :bsmile: . Loke did you shoot it when I pointed it out to you ?
Wow, caltoris philippina?
Unfortunately I didn't even take a single shot at all! Your word "just a common one" stuck in my memory and I was soon distracted by the Chequered Lancer, lol :bsmile:
So, you did manage a +1 (in fact, a big one) :gbounce::gbounce: :gbounce:

Psyche
02-Jan-2012, 12:31 AM
Yes, it is C. philippina
The greenish scaling on the underside is still visible on this worn male.(abdominal tip truncated, on bird poo.)
The sharper forewing and the spot in space 1b(found in the male of this species, rarely in others.) confirmed it.

TL Seow:cheers:

The Plane
02-Jan-2012, 09:03 AM
Dr Seow, thanks a lot for the ID. :cheers:

Loke, next time better don't listen to me :bsmile:.