View Full Version : Ebay butterflies

butteflyshade
21-Dec-2011, 03:36 AM
Dear All,
I would like to invite all butteflies collectors and entomologists for my new ebay auctions.Please look them and follow this link:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/butterfly-shade/m.html?hash=item3a6e3b1010&item=250957467664&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&_trksid=p4340.l2562

Best regards and wishes
Paul

atronox
21-Dec-2011, 10:17 PM
No kidding, u've got some rare spp. indeed:sweat:

Grass Demon
27-Dec-2011, 11:17 AM
Such invitations are not welcome at Butterflycircle.:nono:

Angiud
27-Dec-2011, 05:20 PM
+1

I can understand Museum or other institutions to get dead butterflies, but I don't approve the butterflies collectors :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

butteflyshade
29-Dec-2011, 06:19 AM
I know what You mean but everyone need to have some hobby or passion (science) in live.One is collecting postcards, another stamps or insects.A lot of people say "protect nature, animal" but a lot of them all days destroy natural world where we all live, a lot of specimens even protected die because we destroy forests or natural place of their lives.So please if You think that I do wrong sorry but I do a little evil in this sick world.
Best regards to all
Paul

Grass Demon
29-Dec-2011, 10:25 AM
Yes, the world is very sick because everybody thinks that his little evil will will do no harm, but do note that millions of little evils will cumulatively spell the slow death of this earth. Unfortunately this is related to the pursuit of $$$ which has gone above the interest of our future generations.

guldsmed
18-Jan-2012, 08:48 PM
I am a actually a collector too, but only in my own country (NOT in SE Asia!) and mostly moths (I think that my butterfly collecting amounts on average 1-2 specimens per year and mostly migrants, rare residents I now collect only on pics (I must admit to having a different behaviour 20-30 years ago)). But I strongly dislike commercial collecting, and I do not understand why people want buy specimens at all (except in rare cases for scientific purposes). My collection is made up only of my own finds.

The members of the Entomological Societies in Denmark (my country) are mostly collectors, but members are forbidden to collect for commercial purposes (not allowed to sell specimens). If members do it anyway, they can not stay members...