View Full Version : Non-Samui UFOs

Painted Jezebel
07-Dec-2011, 08:16 PM
I'm trying to tidy up (empty) my UFO filess from outside Samui. Some may well be outside your area of expertise, but unless one asks.....!

1)Danum Valley, Sabah. - To me this is probably Pemara pugnans, but there is no upperside in the checklist.
2)Danum Valley - I am pretty sure this is Polytremis lubricans, but I am never sure with Pelopidas group species.
3)Cambodia, Tatai district - A Miletus species, but they all look the same to me!
4)Cameron Highlands - A Telicota species, but not sure which one.
5)Nakhon Si Thammarat Province, Thailand - Another Miletus species.
6)Suratthani Province, Mainland Thailand - An Arhopala sp., I suspect you will say A. aurelia. This is only included as it will empty my Surat UFO file. Other Arhopala will follow in the 'sticky' thread in another forum later.

Thanks

Psyche
07-Dec-2011, 10:49 PM
1. Pemara pugnans. All spots & positions a perfect match.
2. Polytremis lubricans female . The other 2 larger species have large hyaline spots on the hindwing.
3. Won't try to attempt this one.
4. Probably Telicota hilda female. The main reason I can give is that I haven't seen any lowland Telicota female in which the underside forewing is so dark.
5. Miletus symethus female. Hindwing margin & the 2 darkened areas matched.
6. Arhopala cleander. Key line 1, 7, 8, 95, 100, 120, 124, 126, 146, 147.

TL Seow:cheers:

Painted Jezebel
08-Dec-2011, 12:20 AM
6. Arhopala cleander. Key line 1, 7, 8, 95, 100, 120, 124, 126, 146, 147.

Thank you. Its that blasted tornal lobe again (127)! I always have trouble with that one, if I even get that far!

I'm not suprised about No.3, I am at a complete loss with this one, but it was worth a try!

Psyche
08-Dec-2011, 12:37 AM
No. 3 actually matched Miletus gaesa male. The underside have no white patch, is ochreous brown and the markngs are lined with whitish striae especially prominent in the forewing cell.