PDA

View Full Version : Help on this Nacaduba

Nayana
16-Nov-2011, 02:07 AM
Captured these two from Sri Lanka
The second one could be the Nacaduba calauria (Dark Ceylon Six Lineblue) can’t figure out what is the other help me :P
Thanks
Nayana

Psyche
16-Nov-2011, 11:40 PM
A bit of luck here is that the same 6-line Blues are found in Malaysia as in Sri Lanka.
From its darkened wingbases the 1st should be the Opaque 6-line Blue( N. beroe).
The 2nd is I think correct although it looks quite different from what we have here.

TL Seow:cheers:

Nayana
17-Nov-2011, 11:35 PM
Hi friend, terima kasih for the ID
Interesting, both found in the same location in the same day at the same time !!

Yano
03-Dec-2011, 06:24 PM
Took this photo today at Upper Seletar Reservoir.
While observing its week flight I could recognize that the upperside was whitish with a rather broad black border.
Please help ID.
Yano

Psyche
03-Dec-2011, 08:52 PM
Yes it is.
The dark lines inside the bands are largely missing; the outer 2 rows/bands are not very dark; the forewing middle band is dislocated/broken near the top.

TL Seow:cheers:

Yano
04-Dec-2011, 12:59 AM
Dear Seow,
Many thanks for the quick help.
This adds to my library of Singapore butterflies.:)
The photo was taken at the very same spot in the jungle where I shot a Cornelian in September.
Yano

Blue Jay
04-Dec-2011, 07:42 PM
Yano, here is my shot of the only Jewel Fourline Blue specimen I've seen. :)
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g346/kingcrow28/04122011upload1.jpg

:cheers:

Yano
09-Dec-2011, 12:08 AM
Bryan,
Thanks.
Your specimen is a very fresh and beautiful individual. Moreover it shows the brilliant blue color of the upperside!!
It must have been very difficult to get this clost to the butterfly.

I am sure you will have many chances to see this butterfly again and to get a even better shot of it.
Yano