PDA

View Full Version : KL - low butt 13/8

Glorious Begum
13-Aug-2011, 10:04 PM
Not sure where were the butts. It seems like they were Puasa (fasting in malay) too. It is the best time to visit parks here during the fasting month. Less crowded and almost very few people.

Discolampa ethion thalimar

http://www.pbase.com/lcgoh/image/137184703/original.jpg

Polyura hebe chersonesus (The Southern Nawab) - correction (thanks Seow)

http://www.pbase.com/lcgoh/image/137184705/original.jpg

Silverstreak
13-Aug-2011, 10:22 PM
Here too , I walked 5 Kms today and encountered less than 10 butts!!:-(

Painted Jezebel
14-Aug-2011, 08:22 AM
Same here! However, this always seems to be a bad time, as I recall moaning about the lack of butts at this time last year, and the year before. The only area that seems OK at the moment is in the forests, which holds out hope for our trip to Taman Negara at the end of the month.

moloch
14-Aug-2011, 08:41 AM
LC, that is a lovely shot of the P. moori!

I hope that the weather is kind to you guys at Taman Negara and that you find lots of butterflies.

Psyche
14-Aug-2011, 11:10 AM
Sorry, LC, your P. moori doesn't cut the mustard.
The green band should be more than twice the width of the forewing brown margin.
It is hebe.

TL Seow:cheers:

Glorious Begum
14-Aug-2011, 12:59 PM
My mistake. Thanks Seow for the correction. :cheers:

Sorry, LC, your P. moori doesn't cut the mustard.
The green band should be more than twice the width of the forewing brown margin.
It is hebe.

TL Seow:cheers:

Glorious Begum
14-Aug-2011, 01:03 PM
Even with formula-B, only attracted 4 butts. 2 yellows, one Blue bottle and a Nawab. :sweat: probably I used the wrong brand again.

David, what brand did you used in Fraser ?

Here too , I walked 5 Kms today and encountered less than 10 butts!!:-(

Same here! However, this always seems to be a bad time, as I recall moaning about the lack of butts at this time last year, and the year before. The only area that seems OK at the moment is in the forests, which holds out hope for our trip to Taman Negara at the end of the month.

LC, that is a lovely shot of the P. moori!

I hope that the weather is kind to you guys at Taman Negara and that you find lots of butterflies.

moloch
14-Aug-2011, 01:58 PM
Even with formula-B, only attracted 4 butts. 2 yellows, one Blue bottle and a Nawab. :sweat: probably I used the wrong brand again.

David, what brand did you used in Fraser ?
I don't remember the name of the brand. My wife and I returned from Fraser's Hill to Kuala Kubu Bharu and visited the grocery stores in the centre of town. At one, we found large blocks of paste that was softer than the other brands. The blocks were larger as well. It was a little messy to break apart and charge the water bottle but it was effective.