PDA

View Full Version : Butterflies of Thailand 2. edition, when?

guldsmed
16-Feb-2011, 09:29 PM
Here: http://www.malaeng.com/blog/?page_id=7 it is stated that "hopefully the availability of the book should be early 2011". This statement is from October 2010. Does anyone have more up to date and detailed info?

I did not manage to get it, while 1. ed. was available, so I am eagerly looking forward to 2. edition appearing...

Commander
16-Feb-2011, 11:58 PM
Hello there, and welcome to ButterflyCircle. :cheers:

You may want to read this thread (http://www.butterflycircle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10712) for further details. It may be out in March, but Pisuth said that it may be delayed again. I am planning a trip up to Chiangmai to collect the books and also meet Pisuth when the books are available. Pity that you're in Denmark, but I can ask Pisuth to send you a copy if you buy from him.

By the way, the book is still available at some online stores in the USA.

:)

guldsmed
17-Feb-2011, 12:32 AM
I did not find it available anywhere, when I looked (quite hard ealier), now I had better wait for the new edition. My wife will be in Thailand all april, so I hope she can pick up a copy for me if it is out at that time, though your promise to ask for autographs is tempting. Thx a lot for the answer anyway :-)

Commander
17-Feb-2011, 12:37 AM
Yes, it would be advisable to get the 2nd edition. The 1st edition has many mistakes and Pisuth sent us a 15-page pdf file to highlight all the errors in the book.

For this 2nd edition, four Japanese experts helped him vet all the text and images to hopefully correct all the errors in the 1st edition.

My last correspondence with Pisuth was some time in Jan. I'll be writing to him to ask him about the progress of the book soon.

guldsmed
17-Feb-2011, 01:41 AM
I am subscribing to both threads (this and the one you linked to) so I will have the news, when they are there. really hope it will be out for April, I am sorely in need for a good book on this, you can only go so far by online sources... Thx again for all your much appreciated information :-)