PDA

View Full Version : Plushblue ID needed!

Blue Nawab
04-Feb-2011, 01:37 AM
Happy New Year to everyone. Here's a Plushblue (not so pristine) that needs your help in identifying the specie. Thanks. :cheers:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5299/5413680662_edd3d5553e_z_d.jpg

atronox
04-Feb-2011, 02:53 AM
Shld be F. diardi but the markings seem somewhat...aberrant???:hmmm:

Blue Nawab
04-Feb-2011, 09:15 AM
Shld be F. diardi but the markings seem somewhat...aberrant???:hmmm:

Thanks Aaron for the suggestions. Aberrant is out definitely. Looking at the markings, I am thinking could be Flos fulgida singhapura (Shinnning Plushblue)

Painted Jezebel
04-Feb-2011, 09:31 AM
I notice that this specimen has a hindwing basal spot. This would rule out F. fulgida. I believe that it is Flos diardi capeta. The tail also appears too long for F. fulgida.

Commander
04-Feb-2011, 03:00 PM
Cher Hern, after shooting the same fella this morning with you, I'll have to agree that Aaron is right. This is indeed a Flos diardi capeta. The markings are a bit strange, but it could be perhaps due to some wear and tear with this specimen. I also managed a few shots of its upperside and it confirms the ID of the butt as well. :)

Blue Nawab
04-Feb-2011, 06:33 PM
I notice that this specimen has a hindwing basal spot. This would rule out F. fulgida. I believe that it is Flos diardi capeta. The tail also appears too long for F. fulgida.
Great, thanks Les!

Cher Hern, after shooting the same fella this morning with you, I'll have to agree that Aaron is right. This is indeed a Flos diardi capeta. The markings are a bit strange, but it could be perhaps due to some wear and tear with this specimen. I also managed a few shots of its upperside and it confirms the ID of the butt as well. :)

Wonderful! Thanks Khew! Whichever it is, it's a plus for me! :grin2: