View Full Version : Two from Samui

Painted Jezebel
19-Jan-2011, 04:42 PM
At long last, the butts are out in force. Today was the first decent outing Since September!

I was hoping to find some of the single brooded Papilios, but no luck. Nevertheless, here are a couple of ones I rarely get to photograph.

1) Atrophaneura varuna varuna. This is normally very shy and skittish, but this model behaved perfectly for me.

2) Ixias pyrene verna. I had not seen this species for a couple of years, so it was pleasing to see two today. I waited for 30 mins in the hope that it would open its wings to show the nice orange tip, but he refused.

moloch
19-Jan-2011, 04:46 PM
Very nice, Les. Interesting species.

At long last, the butts are out in force. Today was the first decent outing Since September!that it would open its .

I am hoping for a steady stream of photos from you!

bluefin
19-Jan-2011, 09:07 PM
Les, it seems that you are doing very well with your new setup. :) :cheers:

Leopard Lacewing
19-Jan-2011, 09:46 PM
Beautiful shots, Les! Well done! :thumbsup:

Cheers! :cheers:

Great Mormon
19-Jan-2011, 10:32 PM
Two thumbs up Les! :cheers:

Painted Jezebel
20-Jan-2011, 08:53 AM
Thank you David, Nelson, Bobby and Ant for your kind words.

David, I will do my best to show some of the species not found in Singapore, but do not expect the quality of photos of the other members here.

Nelson, it is taking me a long time to get used to the new set up. The vast majority of my photos are not like the A. varuna one, which, I must admit, I am very pleased with. Since we have had our longest rainy season anyone can remember, I have been practicing with moths coming to my patio lights since September, with very mixed results.