View Full Version : Double request

WillFolsom
09-Jan-2011, 09:25 AM
All:

I have two requests of the BC. Perhaps someone could assist me in two projects.

First, I've been invited to speak to our local Chinese photography club and will talk to them about butterfly photography. I plan to recommend that they visit the BC club for samples of your stunning photography. Several of you have visited China in the past and one member lives in China. Are there any sites in China for butterfly photographers that you would recommend?

Second, I gave my first class of 2011 on digital cameras. One of my students is a very attractive young lady who will be visiting Cambodia and Singapore. I told her that some of the best butterfly photographers (and other subjects as well) live in Singapore and that I would attempt to arrange a meeting with someone from the BC who might enjoy the company of a young American photographer. This would be the next best thing to my getting out to Singapore! If someone was willing to spend a couple hours with her, I'll provide the details. I believe she will be there in February.
Any takers?

William

Commander
09-Jan-2011, 09:31 AM
Thanks for being our US 'marketing director' for BC. :grin2:

I'm sure that John Lee, who lives in HK, will be able to recommend some sites in HK as well as mainland China. I believe members like Keyang would have visited some sites in Beijing as well?

As for the "very attractive young lady" photographer :whistle:, I shall leave it to the young and eligible bachelors at BC to volunteer!

But seriously, put her in touch with any of us, and we'll try to accommodate. In fact, I am showing an American visitor around this Thursday. He's a friend of Randy Emmitt, who got in touch with me via this blog article - http://butterflycircle.blogspot.com/2010/11/200-milestone.html (see visitors' comments at the end of the article)

So his friend will be here this coming week, and I'll be meeting up with him together with a Singapore nature guide, R Subaraj, who will also be taking us out to watch birds. :)

Archduke
09-Jan-2011, 11:24 AM
Thanks for being our US 'marketing director' for BC. :grin2:

I'm sure that John Lee, who lives in HK, will be able to recommend some sites in HK as well as mainland China. I believe members like Keyang would have visited some sites in Beijing as well?

As for the "very attractive young lady" photographer :whistle:, I shall leave it to the young and eligible bachelors at BC to volunteer!

But seriously, put her in touch with any of us, and we'll try to accommodate. In fact, I am showing an American visitor around this Thursday. He's a friend of Randy Emmitt, who got in touch with me via this blog article - http://butterflycircle.blogspot.com/2010/11/200-milestone.html (see visitors' comments at the end of the article)

So his friend will be here this coming week, and I'll be meeting up with him together with a Singapore nature guide, R Subaraj, who will also be taking us out to watch birds. :)

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Wanderer
09-Jan-2011, 12:06 PM
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

is that volunteering? ;)

Will: it might be useful if we can know what subject is the photographer is interested in.

As for nature websites in China, sadly, I wasn't so much into butterflies then.

Regular chinese photo forums are more of an equipment discussion board and less of technical and content discussion.