View Full Version : Today at Mandai Connector Park

PINKY
27-Nov-2010, 07:19 PM
Caught this mating pair in action. Thanks to Cher Hern & Chng!:cheers:

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae116/BELLALIA_2010/IMG_0108.jpg

Bluebottle
27-Nov-2010, 11:20 PM
Very sharp shot, Christina :cheers:
Seems like you are getting use to your new toy :)

The Plane
28-Nov-2010, 01:08 AM
Christina, Adrain, nice shot of the mating Orange Emigrant. Very soon you will get use to the T180 ;P

Below are some of my shots taken this morning :

#1 Mating Euchrysops cnejus cnejus (Gram Blue)
#2 Mating Jamides celeno aelianus (Common Caerulean)
#3 Zizina otis lampa (Lesser Grass Blue)

Great Mormon
28-Nov-2010, 09:24 AM
Love is in the air once again! :bsmile:

To be nit picky, the pair of orange emigrants should be given a tad bit more space to breathe.

PINKY
28-Nov-2010, 01:53 PM
Chng, I like the 3rd pix best - on the flowers.:)

Anthony, note the comments. Thanks!;-)

The Plane
28-Nov-2010, 02:13 PM
Chng, I like the 3rd pix best - on the flowers.:)

Thanks Pinky :)

Commander
28-Nov-2010, 03:34 PM
I also like the Lesser Grass Blue shot. Nice and stands out. :thumbsup:

So is the Mandai Park Connector any good to explore?

The Plane
28-Nov-2010, 04:32 PM
I also like the Lesser Grass Blue shot. Nice and stands out. :thumbsup:

So is the Mandai Park Connector any good to explore?

Thanks Khew for your nice comment.

Besides, what we posted here, we saw the usual yellows & browns, Eggfly, Tailed Jay, skippers, Common Mormon, Blue Glassy Tiger, Common Sailor, Acacia Blue, just to name a few… I would say we mainly saw the common ones only. I think Cher Hern got a Cupid or something different (Cher Hern, can you please confirm ?).

From where we parked our cars, if you turn right after entering the track, it’s quite a long walk until it hit SLE. It’s was hot. But if you turn left, the track is more shady, this track is shorter and will hit Mandai Rd at the end. I bashed into the area on the left along this track yesterday afternoon but could not stay long as the heavy rain came. Luckily there was a shelter on this track. Will try again next time.

And those who go there should take a look at the poster board. There are a few of your photos on the poster there ;P

Commander
28-Nov-2010, 06:12 PM
There's a little roundabout right at the end, but no proper carpark. So have to park along the roadside. I saw that the Lantana bushes are just planted, so perhaps there may be more activity in future.

Isn't the area to the left of the track with the "red signs"? :sweat:

As for the poster, most of the pics are from NParks' own staff. They just asked me for some shots of the common species that they didn't have, so I gave those to them. :)

Blue Nawab
28-Nov-2010, 10:57 PM
Thanks Khew for your nice comment.

Besides, what we posted here, we saw the usual yellows & browns, Eggfly, Tailed Jay, skippers, Common Mormon, Blue Glassy Tiger, Common Sailor, Acacia Blue, just to name a few… I would say we mainly saw the common ones only. I think Cher Hern got a Cupid or something different (Cher Hern, can you please confirm ?).

No, it was Gram Blue.
We saw Common Birdwing, Blue Pansy and Horsefield Baron too. Lots of Orange Emigrants, partly because of the host plants present. Hope to spot more of other species next time.

The Plane
28-Nov-2010, 11:11 PM
Isn't the area to the left of the track with the "red signs"? :sweat:

I thought I saw red sign board on the right side only, I must Have missed the one on the left..oopps. It is not dense inside, there seems to be a trail for people to walk.