View Full Version : Skipper ID Please...

Blue Nawab
24-Oct-2010, 12:09 AM
Even with the Red Flash Book and Website comparison, still not sure the ID of this skipper. Looking closely, could it be Baoris farri farri? Any other suggestions? :cheers:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4090/5107703028_90bfd33e4c_z_d.jpg

Commander
25-Oct-2010, 10:14 AM
I'd say that it looks close to one of the Baoris. But with these buggers, it's really hard to tell from just an underside shot like this. :hmmm:

But if you tell people that this is a Baoris sp. no one can either refute you nor agree with you 100%.

We'll probably have to scrutinise all the similar shots that we have until we come to a reasonable level of confidence. The two subapical spots are clear on your shot. Some of my Baoris specimens have that. But then again, so do some Caltoris sp.

Blue Nawab
25-Oct-2010, 10:49 AM
I'd say that it looks close to one of the Baoris. But with these buggers, it's really hard to tell from just an underside shot like this. :hmmm:

But if you tell people that this is a Baoris sp. no one can either refute you nor agree with you 100%.

We'll probably have to scrutinise all the similar shots that we have until we come to a reasonable level of confidence. The two subapical spots are clear on your shot. Some of my Baoris specimens have that. But then again, so do some Caltoris sp.

Thanks Khew for the info and suggestions. Will make do with Baoris sp. :) :cheers: