Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Kampar Butt Chase

Ha i left quite an impression at rumah rehat Adeline:D by popping up more than 12 hours ahead of schedule without prior warning :D. But how was I to know there was no guest house in Gopeng and that the nearest ones were in Ipoh? They had to put me up at the guest house across LOL.

My lunch was bigger:D..I told Adeline i was starving :D.....but no durian :(..i must go back again now that it's durian season:D

I did a bit of googling and think the Rafflesia is Rafflesia cantleyi

Hmm..i didn't touch the Rafflesia...think i must go back there again:D
    Kurt Flickr
    Macro Gear/Blog
    My Gear: 40D, Macro: MP-E65, MT-24EX, DIY diffuser, 580EXII; T17-50, Sigma 150

Quote Originally Posted by orionmystery View Post
    My lunch was bigger:D..I told Adeline i was starving :D.....but no durian :(..i must go back again now that it's durian season:D

I did a bit of googling and think the Rafflesia is Rafflesia cantleyi

Hmm..i didn't touch the Rafflesia...think i must go back there again:D
    Wah.. durian eh. I can take a little but must be good ones like D24.

I was not so lucky in my previous trip staying in Adeline's place. I had rashes all over my body. Not Malaria and not Dengue fever, Doc said it was virus infection. A friend told me it was mite bites. If you have noticed, the root of the chalet is made of Atap. where there is a certain kind of mite lives in there. Not only me, but they were other visitors got the mite bite too. According to Malay or Orang Asli, it could also be "Lemah Semangat".

Until now, I have no idea what it was, Virus or mite bite or Lemah Semangat.

When are you gonna go back there again ?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Wah.. durian eh. I can take a little but must be good ones like D24.

I was not so lucky in my previous trip staying in Adeline's place. I had rashes all over my body. Not Malaria and not Dengue fever, Doc said it was virus infection. A friend told me it was mite bites. If you have noticed, the root of the chalet is made of Atap. where there is a certain kind of mite lives in there. Not only me, but they were other visitors got the mite bite too. According to Malay or Orang Asli, it could also be "Lemah Semangat".

Until now, I have no idea what it was, Virus or mite bite or Lemah Semangat.

When are you gonna go back there again ?
    D24 ok lah..good, not great. Musang King..now we're talking :D

I didn't get any rashes from the Gopeng trip. But got a minor one from the ER trip though...not serious...disappeared after a few days.

No plan to go back again this year..maybe next year:D
    Kurt Flickr
    Macro Gear/Blog

Quote Originally Posted by orionmystery View Post
    D24 ok lah..good, not great. Musang King..now we're talking :D

I didn't get any rashes from the Gopeng trip. But got a minor one from the ER trip though...not serious...disappeared after a few days.

No plan to go back again this year..maybe next year:D
    The rash from E.R. is "Yiming" rash. His eczema was infectious and got me too! O_O

I can't believe you didn't touch the Rafflesia...you already lean over it until almost on top of it why didn't you touch it? hahaha (talking about your fb piccy)
    Butterfly dogs don't like baths. They only like to puddle... in their own pee!

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly_effect View Post
    The rash from E.R. is "Yiming" rash. His eczema was infectious and got me too! O_O

I can't believe you didn't touch the Rafflesia...you already lean over it until almost on top of it why didn't you touch it? hahaha (talking about your fb piccy)

Aiya...no wonder...I swam downstream from him at ER :D :P.

Ya loh..why I so good boy didn't touch the Rafflesia :(..now i gotta go face the hungry leeches again.
    Kurt Flickr
    Macro Gear/Blog

Lamproptera curius curius (White Dragontail)

ISO500 1/250s F/7.1, Natural light , Handheld.

ISO500 1/200s F/8, Natural light , Handhled.

ISO1000 1/200 F/8, Fill-flashed , handheld.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Silverstreak; 26-May-2010 at 10:21 PM.
    Sunny

~~When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going~~

Sunny's Facebook on Butterflies!

~

Gorgeous shot. From Gua Tempurung?:D
    Kurt Flickr
    Macro Gear/Blog

LC,

The aircon villas with attached bathroom are ready to be launched next month. We have a tour of it and it was very impressive..... would set you back RM$188 per person per day inclusive of all meals.

May be Ellen has some photos on the villas?

Kurt ,

Yes , the White Dragontails are from Gua Tempurung , we arrived there in the late afternoon after the Rafflesia trek and din see a single one!! We were back there early the next day and they came down as advised by LC on the magical hour. There must be at least 10 of them around by the time we have our fill. Even behind the toilets there were a few of them puddling in the drain.

Cheers!
    Sunny

~~When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going~~

Sunny's Facebook on Butterflies!

~

Sunny, i saw the villa...i showered there LOL. The ones at the guest house were full and out of water because too many people were using it all at once. Adeline then asked one of her staff to bring me to the villa for a shower:D

I found the dragontail at around 3pm i think. Yes, near the drain:D
    Kurt Flickr
    Macro Gear/Blog

Get ready for Ellen Tsunami... ^_^

Halpe porus

Graphium arycles arycles (Spotted Jay)

Euploea sylvester harrisii (because of similarity to modesta modesta with two long dark brands on vein 1b of forewing topside)

Catopsilia pomona pomona f-crocale (because of red antennae)
    Butterfly dogs don't like baths. They only like to puddle... in their own pee!