Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Endau Rompin (Selai) - May Day weekend

Default Endau Rompin (Selai) - May Day weekend

It was glorious weather all the way, with no rain at all (and a little passing shower, which doesn't count)

Lots of common butts and really abundant. Everyone made it home safely and let's have the posts rolling!
    Khew SK
    Butterflies of Singapore BLOG
    Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try

1 degree 17' 25.34" N ; 103 degree 49' 17.14" E

Great to meet and see everyone again. It was a fun and fruitful outing.

Thanks Sunny for organising the outing, Irene to be our chef and both Khew & Sunny for driving us in to ER! Also LC for the 'chay kuay teow'

Cheers!
    Bobby Mun

thanks uncle sunny and uncle khew for organising and driving us all there. special thanks to auntie irene for the wonderful food. And thanks to everyone for their fantastic and enjoyable company oh and thanks to li phing for being a fantastic roomie so that i dont have to be afraid of pontianak
    Butterfly dogs don't like baths. They only like to puddle... in their own pee!

Thank you Sunny & Irene for organising the trip & wonderful meals.

Wow ! Reached home around 10pm yesterday. As usual, traffic jam near Rawang.

All are home except Les, he is now at the airport waiting for flight.

Awesome trip...great company, great food - great FUN! Thanks, Sunny (and anyone else i left out...not sure who else were involved in making this outing a great success, sorry!). Thanks to Irene for her great cooking! I gain a few inches around the waist :P

Great meeting you guys/gals in person. Think i know all the names....just not sure what nicks they use in this forum :P
    Last edited by orionmystery; 03-May-2010 at 02:04 PM.
    Kurt Flickr
    Macro Gear/Blog
    My Gear: 40D, Macro: MP-E65, MT-24EX, DIY diffuser, 580EXII; T17-50, Sigma 150

1 degree 17' 25.34" N ; 103 degree 49' 17.14" E

Nice meeting you too... Had fun taking night macro too

We have included our name into our signature.
    Err... are your Derrick or Kurt?

Cheers1
    Bobby Mun

OK...edited my siggy :D
    Kurt Flickr
    Macro Gear/Blog

Great to know that this is a fruitful trip for you guys, so where are the pics
    Ben Jin

Awesome trip.

Thank you sunny & the organizing committee for an excellent well planned trip. We were indeed fortunate to have electricity all night long! and the 4:30pm Char Kuew Teow kept us alive all the way back to SG while we brave the massive traffic jam which was cause by 4 cones placed on the emergency lane of the highway oops, have I not mentioned the miricle healing properties from the jungle, 3 hours of deep jungle walk, cured all my funky heat rash :p

Thanks Khew, for driving us to / from. The drive was so comfortable i fell asleep the moment we left camp :p

Irene's cooking kept me going for 2nd and 3rds and kept us all energized throughout the entire trip.

Les, you helped me ID-ed so many butterflies & dragonflies & damselflies as well as gave us keywords like RARE, uncommon hahaha that kept us going in for more and more :p

Nelson was the Nikon Emergency support centre, with the lens loanage to keep my shooting going on.

Side note : Nikon D3s failed in Endau Rompin. I think he went out at night went for a swim in the river and forgotten to dry itself. It will make a trip to the service centre hopefully tomorrow. So next year's participants may consider deferring from bringing the Nikon D4 :p hahaha

Kurt Flickr
    Macro Gear/Blog