Thread: Two Butts from DFNP

Default Two Butts from DFNP

The wet weather these days probably has helped to reduce the number of postings in this forum.

Sharing two more interesting butts found in the newly opened Dairy Farm Nature Park. The Yellow Flash was in a very worn condition, and the Purple Bush Brown was found in the undergrowth and the shot taken in very poorly lit condition.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Horace

Whoa Horace. The Images are really good.

The Yellow flash is quite sensitive to flash, I have not really get a decent shot of it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Banded Yeoman View Post
    Whoa Horace. The Images are really good.
    Thanks, Jonathan.
    Actually to me these are just record shots and only posted here as sighting records for that location. The really good shots are typically posted in the "Butterfly Photography" sub-forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    The Yellow flash is quite sensitive to flash, I have not really get a decent shot of it yet.
    Agreed.
    Most of the time, the Yellow Flash was too skittish and would not give me the chance to fire a shot. Given the opportunity, I would first take a few shots without flash before attempting a closer approach and with flash firing off.
    Horace

ah, dont know how i missed this thread. Nice shots, esp the elusive Yellow Flash.
    Anthony
    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or one.

Horace ,

Great ! You have these two nailed.

Four years on the tracks and I only encountered these two less than 3 times each .....

The Yellow Flash would flash off in no times with the flash , while the Purple Bush Brown would only be around places that needs ISO 3200.

Sunny

~~When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going~~

Sunny's Facebook on Butterflies!

~

Quote Originally Posted by Great Mormon View Post
    ah, dont know how i missed this thread. Nice shots, esp the elusive Yellow Flash.
    Thanks, Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstreak View Post
    Horace ,

Great ! You have these two nailed.

Four years on the tracks and I only encountered these two less than 3 times each .....

The Yellow Flash would flash off in no times with the flash , while the Purple Bush Brown would only be around places that needs ISO 3200.
    This sighting of both species is also my 3rd or 4th encounter of them in CCA. I am still hoping to breed both of them sometimes in the future.
    Horace

I've seen alot of butterflies at the DFNP, and I think if I go there enough, I'll find the DBJG waiting for me at the ratttan patch, anyway, which type of rattan do they like?

cheers
    Jonathan