Thread: Ks 19/6

Default Ks 19/6

My first outing for nearly a fortnight, what with bad weather and then, just when the weather improved, breaking ANOTHER rib! (Don't ask!) Suffice it so say that I am accident prone, what with scorpion stings, millipede bites and creating security alerts etc. Incedentally, how many ribs do we have? I'm going for the full set!

Went to the main waterfall yesterday, and saw some interesting butts, which, unfortunately refused to cooperate and come down to be ID'd.

However, found these for your enjoyment:

1: Cirrochroa tyche rotunda (Common Mormon) - Male
    2: Arhopala silhetensis silhetensis (Sylhet Oakblue) - Male. I had previously found an abnormally marked Arhopala, subsequently tentatively attributed to this species, and I found another one yesterday (no pic). However the normal one shown was found at the base of the path, whereas the aberration was found at the top, 2Km away, at the same place where I found the other one last year. (Must investigate!)
    3: Erionota thrax thrax (Common Banana Skipper) - I've never been able to get a decent photo of this!
    4,5 & 6: Neptis miah batara (Small Yellow Sailor) - A new one for you, but I've been trying to get a photo of this skittish species for over a year. The last photo is only included as it reminds me of a High-diver deciding whether to take the plunge into the abyss!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Any idea why Neptis miah is referred to as yellow when it's so orange?
    Khew SK
    Butterflies of Singapore BLOG
    Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    Any idea why Neptis miah is referred to as yellow when it's so orange?
    No idea! Possibly it is one of Pisuth's names. The species is certainly the brightest, firiest, of the orange Limentiditi. It makes the others seem very pale by comparison.

I think there are two others called the yellow and the great yellow. Both are orange.
    Aaron Soh

Throw some pamelo leaves in the water and shawer with it. It can wash away your bad lucks. Do take care my friend.

Like your Banana Skipper. The backgroup is kinda unique.
    Chee Ming, Sum

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Throw some pamelo leaves in the water and shawer with it. It can wash away your bad lucks. Do take care my friend.
    Thanks for the advice, but a bit late! I went swimming when I got home today, first stroke of the breaststroke and....ouch!, another one's gone (probably as a result of my last accident, nothing new!)! At least I'm already on the painkillers, so it isn't too bad.

Thanks, CM, for the comment. At first, I did not like the bg (dappled light deep inside forest), but it does not seem to detract from the butt.