Thread: Pandita sinope sinope

Default Pandita sinope sinope

Spent the lunch time under the hot sun chasing couple of skittish Pandita sinope sinope which gave me no chance of any close-up shots. They were rather busy flying around feeding on flowering plants as shown in the (cropped) pics below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Horace

You've nailed your +1 nevertheless.

When I first encountered them in the CCA in the late 90's they were also as skittish, and I would recall that only the Commander was as skittish (if not more) than this species. Not easy to shoot them when they are in the mood to zip around.

But good underside shot of the species too!
    Khew SK
    Butterflies of Singapore BLOG
    Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    You've nailed your +1 nevertheless.

When I first encountered them in the CCA in the late 90's they were also as skittish, and I would recall that only the Commander was as skittish (if not more) than this species. Not easy to shoot them when they are in the mood to zip around.

But good underside shot of the species too!
    It could be the timing of the encounter that those butts were so energetic. When I met them during lunch time, they already had have about two hours of strong sun to energise them! At one piont, I had to run for about 50 metres in trying to keep up with the zipping butt.

Oh, there was also a Commander on the same flowering plant in the first pic.
    Horace