Thread: Ks 2/5

Default Ks 2/5

Staying in yesterday didn't help with my cold, so I thought I would try and get some fresh air. Went to my secret Adamson's Rose location, to see if I could extend its recorded flight period, but no luck. Only managed to last 2 hours before I was too weary to continue.

A few shots for you:
    1) Cirrochroa tyche rotundata - (Common Yeoman). I don't think I've shown you the female before.
    2) Tanaecia julii bougainvillei - (Common Earl), Male
    3) Nacaduba sp. (Female) - Can anyone help with the ID. Have difficulty using the C&P keys for this genus.

Also saw a new species, but unable to ID it. Definitely belongs to the Neptis genus, but not sure which one. Have to go back tomorrow! Also, now firmly believe that we have both The Dingiest Sailor (Neptis harita preeyai) and the Dingy Sailor (Neptis omeroda omeroda) here. Previously thought I only had the former. It seems my photos are of the former, whilst the specimen in my collection is the latter! Will be getting proof over the next few days.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Painted Jezebel; 02-May-2008 at 02:44 PM. Reason: adding photos

By comparing the plate in Pisuth, the last one close to Nacaduba pendleburyi.

N. pactollus & N. hermus are also in my list for a more details check.

Thank you, N. pendleburyi is considered a rarity, but it was my first thought, though I have found it here. I would love it to be N. hermus as that would be another +1, but, in all honesty, I doubt it.

I think I ahve a mating pair here. Would you like to confirm?
    Attached Images Attached Images