Thread: Khatib Bongsu on 11 Sept

Default Khatib Bongsu on 11 Sept

Went to KB with Neo and CP this morning. It was a very hot day. We spotted quite a number of species in this outing. Here are three of them.

#1 : Spindasis syama terana (Club/Black Banded Silverline) - this is our surprise of the day.

#2 : Hypolycaena erylus teatus (Common Tit) - while moving closer towards the coast we saw many Common Tits.

#3 : Ideopsis vulgaris macrina (Blue Glassy Tiger) - we saw quite a number along the way.

Thanks for viewing.

nice catch, you finally shot the black banded silverline. how come you have less shots than Neo and CP? no long banded silverline?

Quote Originally Posted by Elbowed Pierrot
    nice catch, you finally shot the black banded silverline. how come you have less shots than Neo and CP? no long banded silverline?
    Didn't spot any Long Banded Siverline.
    Because they have better shots . I feel 'piseh" to post more shots. So you were at USR also ?

Quote Originally Posted by Federick
    Didn't spot any Long Banded Siverline.
    Because they have better shots . I feel 'piseh" to post more shots. So you were at USR also ?
    Why so 'paiseh', we are all here to learn and appreciate b'flies.. yup, we were at USR

shoot more, improve more

Yah Federick, dun need to paiseh, u r definitely improving, the shots show it!
    ~Ying Ling

You should post into the 'Butterfly Photography' forum Fededrick We are all just hobby photographers, not pros. So standard all sama-sama.

Cropping of the Common Tit shot a bit tight, would like to see more space at the top and bottom of the frame. It looks a bit compressed.

The Black-Banded Silverline composition could be different also. Application of 'Rule-of-Thirds' to make the composition more pleasing to they eye, and less of 'bullseye' effect.

Let's see the rest of the pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Rustic
    Fredrick, do post the rest -- take it as practice for photoshop/noiseninja. just take it as a nature survey. If u paiseh, then i also paiseh liow. always flood the forums with unofficial record shots. :P Btw, Khew suggested that we might have "netted" both silverline in KB. The other one has a reddish streak around the silverline!
    Post the other Silverline for verification leh...
    Khew SK
    Butterflies of Singapore BLOG
    Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try

Quote Originally Posted by Rustic
    P Btw, Khew suggested that we might have "netted" both silverline in KB. The other one has a reddish streak around the silverline!
    After checking carefully, yes, we have shot both Silverline. I remembered I spotted the Banded Silverline on our way out and at one moment it lie flat on a leaf but I could not produce good shot from my angle. I hope you and Neo got a better shot.
    I think at that moment we did not think that it was LSL. So when it flew away the second time we did not really chase after it.

Here is the record shot of the LSL.

Two more shots on the BBSL

Quote Originally Posted by Commander
    Post the other Silverline for verification leh...
    Yeah, I also want to see....

Nice collections and shot you have. Sometimes posted bad pictures will make you want to work harder to improve especially when all of us are improving.