Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Puddling Galore

Thks Les for telling me abt the great mormon. Is there anything wrong with the common hedge blue? Are u refering to its puddling behaviour? This is a male, I can cfrm it by its dark shiny blue as it flies.

No, there is something niggling me about the spots. Did the butt seem slightly smaller than usual? I keep on wanting to think it is Callenya lenya lenya (The Long-Winged Hedge Blue, which is an inveterate puddler. It has a brighter blue upperside than even the Common HB. (The pictures in C&P4 don't do the species justice, its much brighter, and the underside markings are much clearer).

I hate these niggles, they just won't go away. I hope someone can confirm I am wrong again - that works!

I've just checked the best reference source there is, the checklist here, and all the specimens are the same as yours. Please ignore my previous posts as the ramblings of an old (very lau) man! Sorry if I've confused you, I've confused myself!

Must check my own Common Hedge Blue photos. It may turn out to be A. puspa gisca, but its not meant to be found this far south!

Wow, the butts must be very hungry after the past two days of bad weather.
    A really fruitful outing for you !

Wong,

Good harvest and nice series, some with interesting background colours too.
    No need to work but shooting butts instead
    Ben Jin

Wow so many puddlers in one spot, Look like another spa. Perhaps we should name this spot Wong's Spa.
    Richard

wah wong, where you shoot all this har?

So many butts & that really make my finger itchi especiallly on this raining day

Btw, I like the 3rd shots of your 5-bar, 2nd shot of your Great Mormon (cropping a bit too tight) & like the open wings Common Bluebottle !

That place I stumbled by chance. There is a excavator there with a small pile of sand. Might not be a permanent site though. I meant to travel along beluakar track from zhenghua park towards BTNR. But somehow I got lost and ended up with a main road in front. Turn right and walk a bit towards Petir Rd so that I can go under a flyover to BTNR hopefully. That's when I stumbled upon the site. If going by car, I think can park along chestnut ave and walk. Maybe I'll recce toworrow again if weather permits and update those interested.

Wong, what brought you from far east to the far west? Nice series!

I like your LE shots, the exposure is just spot on!
    Chee Ming, Sum