Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tree Yellow

Default Tree Yellow

Encountered this hungry Tree Yellow (Gandaca harina distanti) in the nature reserves yesterday. Probably kept from feeding by the morning rains and this was shot at 3:45 in the afternoon with the low afternoon sun creating a backlit shot situation.

Here are four different views of the Tree Yellow puddling. Quite tame at times, and even allowed me to pull away some obstructing leaves and twigs to get a better shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Khew SK
    Butterflies of Singapore BLOG
    Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try

So the morning sumatras are not so bad for shooting butterflies. Makes it cooler and cloudy for the afternoon? How is the butt activity after the morning rains? I have no time,energy lately to go and explore

Weather is kinda weird these days, 4 consecutive sumatras and another one coming now I think

The early morning rains kinda spoil the momentum of getting up and heading out for a butt shoot eh?

So far, when the sun shines for a while after the rains, there is quite a lot of activity. Especially so at the flowering Eugenia trees at various parts of our usual haunts.

It's particularly wet for Apr/May this year isn't it?
    Khew SK

like the backlit shots most

yes, there's one very hot May 2-3 yrs back

Nice Tree Yellow shots!
    Chee Ming, Sum

Nice shots SK. While you guys were getting morning Sumatras I was having a great time at Kota Tinggi the last couple of days. Will post some of the butts shot there soon.
    Richard

Thanks guys. The weather must be getting to me, if I can only get to shoot and post Yellows! Next would be the Bush Browns and N-Rings.

Richard, no wonder you've been so quiet. Did you have better weather up there?
    Khew SK

Weather was great at the Waterfall Resort. Had a great time with VIP treatment from the resort managers. Driven to the areas around the resort which incidently only 10 minutes drive from Panti forest. I spoke to them and they can make special arrangments for B-pals members who are interested to shoot butterflies there.
    Richard

You must be having great time there shooting butts. Are there many butts around and is the place safe to walk around in the field?
    Ben Jin

The place is safe and in fact I was taken on a guided tour by one of the mangers. They even promise a guide and and official permit to the Panti forest should we make a group arrangment.
    Richard