Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 28-Nov-06 LL@WWW

Default 28-Nov-06 LL@WWW

Visited the WWW site in light drizzle condition. Not much butts activities except for the usual grass yellows, common caeruleans, malayan eggflies, black-vein tiger and the LL which were still flying around. Indeed the constant but light drizzle calmed the butts somewhat, and this particular male LL was very cooperative to keep still in the same pose (both open-wing and close-wing) for fairly long time for me to snap away.

Horace
    Attached Images Attached Images

love both pix, you improved by leaps and bounces. though I find the #1 slightly too tight and the backgrd abit distracting, but still a very nice shot

Love your #2 shots !

Sunny

~~When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going~~

Sunny's Facebook on Butterflies!

~

no.2 is sharp n nice.but u r prolly not in the same plane as butt as the top wing is oof. maybe next time can try to do a portrait orientation if given the chance. this butt is too tall.

Nice shots! #2 is definitely a keeper with good exposure, composition and background. You are getting to be as hardworking as Sunny!
    Khew SK
    Butterflies of Singapore BLOG
    Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try

Thanks Simon, Sunny, Wong, Soon Chye and Khew for your kind comments.

I must also thank that particular male LL. Usually the only time I get good shots is when the butts are cooperative enough for me to try out different camera settings and angle/height/tilt of the camera. I am still learning to become good enough so that I could achieve good shots even in 1-2 shot situation.

Regretably my butts hunting will have to slow down for the next month due to my heavier work and family committement. This comes at a time when my record count reaches 150 today with the grey pansy from PRP.

Horace

Nice captured, composition wise a little tight for both shots. May be a 4:3 format will wrok better for hsot #2, Just IMO.
    Ben Jin

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Nice captured, composition wise a little tight for both shots. May be a 4:3 format will wrok better for hsot #2, Just IMO.
    Thanks Ben Jin for your comments on the composition and suggested alternative format. Will experiment later on other shots on the same butts later.

Horace

Regretably my butts hunting will have to slow down for the next month due to my heavier work and family committement. This comes at a time when my record count reaches 150 today with the grey pansy from PRP.

Congrates Horace !

That is 2nd fastest in reaching 150 species, in 5 months !

The records is 4 months .
    Sunny

~~When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going~~

Sunny's Facebook on Butterflies!

~